Chief Risk Officer
IBKR Ireland, a subsidiary of publicly traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR's premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Switzerland, Hungary, Estonia, Russia, India, Hong Kong, China, Japan and Australia.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees.
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info
Due to the continued expansion of our business activities, we are establishing a new office in Dublin, Ireland and have the following opportunity for a motivated and flexible professional. Your Responsibilities:
The CRO of IBKR Ireland is responsible for the overall Enterprise Risk Management Framework of IBKR Ireland and the supervision of the Risk Function
Your Experience and Qualifications:
- Lead responsibility for the anticipation, identification, measurement, monitoring, control and reporting of all the risks to which IBKR Ireland is, or may be, exposed
- Ensuring that the regulatory and internal risk limits are compatible with the strategies, activities and organisational / operational structure of IBKR Ireland
- Monitoring compliance with the risk limits and ensuring proper escalation procedures in case of breach
- Designing remedial algorithms and procedures to prevent re-occurrences of limit breaches
- Monitoring the implementation of changes to the Firm's, technologies, services and/or activities in order to ensure continued adherence to existing controls
- Monitor real-time systems for margin deficits, erroneous trades, significant net liquidation changes and other issues
- Providing local management and Group Risk Committee with a regular comprehensive overview of the risks to which the institution is, or may be, exposed
- Preparing, at least once a year, a summary report on the risk control function activities and its operation and submitting it to the Central Bank of Ireland (CBI)
- At least 5 years' experience in Financial Services with exposure to a risk related function
- Brokerage or Banking background would be considered as an advantage
- Experience in working within CBI guidelines is a key advantage
- University degree or substantial job experience
- Good understanding of IT systems and programs
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
- Good team player, communicator, structured and analytical problem solver
You will be part of team that is building one of the world's strongest brokerage brands, and part of a global enterprise that employs technology in all aspects of its business to generate prudent, controlled growth.