Client Accounting Senior Manager
- Dublin, Leinster, Ireland
- Permanent, Full time
- TMF Group
- 26 May 19
Client Accounting Senior Manager
TMF Group is a leading global provider of high-value business services to clients operating and investing globally. We focus on providing specialized and business-critical financial and administrative services that enable our clients to operate their corporate structures, finance vehicles and investment funds in different geographical locations.
Our core services can help companies of all sizes with HR and payroll, accounting and tax, corporate secretarial, international corporate structuring, fund administration and structured finance - whether a company wants to globalize, or whether they need support to streamline existing operations.
With operations in more than 80 countries, TMF Group is the global expert that understands local needs. Global reach, local knowledge: helping to do business seamlessly across borders.
The Accounting Manager will assist the Head of the Department in handling all departmental activities by managing an assigned sub-team and client portfolio. He/She assist in maintaining, reviewing and improving internal controls and policies of the Department. The Accounting Manager is responsible for the financial and administrative matters of client companies and is able to maintain and develop relationships with domestic and foreign advisors, banks and shareholders. He/She manages part of a dedicated client team responsible for keeping the client files in good legal and financial standing.
- Manage a team of Accountants within the SF Accounting Department;
- Mentor and train members of the Accounting team;
- Assist the Head of the Department in planning, organising and leading the team;
- Assist in building client relationships and the business network;
- Assist the Head of the Department to ensure compliance with Group Risk management procedures;
- Co-ordinate the set-up and maintenance of computerised administrations and/or financial databases of Special Purpose Vehicles (SPVs);
- Cash management including the management of bank accounts and approval of payments;
- Ensure the preparation of (consolidated) financial statements and annual reports as well as client-specific reports are completed in a timely and high quality manner;
- Monitor and review accounting and related reports prepared by the accountants for accuracy and completeness;
- Review the statutory returns including VAT, CIT and European Central Bank returns and handle tax-assessments;
- Ensure that targets in relation to payment of (annual) fees, debtors control and collection of outstanding receivables (Debtors / creditors analysis) are met;
- Maintain regular contact with auditors, tax advisors, and other involved parties to identify any legal or tax issue of a client transaction and liaise with the client and/or advisors, as necessary;
- Handle all obligations of a transaction if applicable;
- Identify financial, economical and fiscal bottlenecks and contribute to their solution in liaison with external advisors ;
- Update and maintain the client portfolio in good standing and comply with the rules and regulations of the related legislation;
- Ensure that all accounting procedures comply with applicable law and overall objectives
Technical and job specific requirements:
- Accounting or Business degree (ACCA, CPA, ACA, etc.) or a comparable level achieved through exposure and experience;
- At least 5 years relevant working experience at a senior level;
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (Irish GAAP, IFRS and preferably US Gaap);
- Knowledge of finance, accounting and cost control principles;
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills;
- General interest in international financial/capital markets and financial instruments.
- Understanding the business;
- Customer focus;
- Concern for quality;
- Problem solving attitude;
- Creating Team Success - as leader.
Job specific competencies:
- Ability to work within an international, multicultural environment;
- Resilience - ability to cope under pressure and to persevere;
- Using good judgment to make sound decisions;
- Managing information effectively;
- Planning and organising skills;
- Carrying out problem analysis and problem solving;
- "Hands-on" mentality, excellent attention to detail;
- Energising- ability to create positive energy in both individuals and groups;
- Communication and interpersonal skills - ability and confidence to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing;
- Teamwork skills - flexible, pragmatic, thorough, proactive, enthusiastic and service minded;
- Adaptable, comfortable with juggling a range of tasks in a fast-moving, environment ;
- Proactive - ability to work under own initiative without direction;
- Focus on compliance with procedures and policies.