FNZ Ireland is a member company of the FNZ Group. Since its formation in 1998, FNZ Ireland has become one of Europe's leading providers of third party services to the life assurance industry. Our ambition is to continue our growth by continuing to offer excellent service to our existing clients, by acquiring new clients and by extending the range of services on offer.
FNZ is the global platform provider in the wealth management sector, partnering with over 650 of the world's leading financial institutions and over 8,000 wealth management firms. With over 5,000 employees in 24 countries, FNZ's mission is to open-up wealth, empowering all people to create wealth through personal investment, aligned with things they care about the most, on their own terms.
FNZ combines technology, infrastructure and investment operations in a single state-of-the-art platform that frees its institutional customers to create hyper-personalized and innovative products and services, that are seamlessly aligned with the needs of their clients. To date, FNZ has enabled over 20 million people, from all wealth segments, to invest in an effective, simple and transparent way, making wealth management accessible to everyone. The Job:
To manage the delivery of financial and regulatory reporting and policy accounting services to FNZ Ireland's clients and ensure all outputs meet the regulatory, technical and group reporting requirements of each client.
Reporting to the Head of Accounting and Reporting, the key responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring client financial statements, regulatory returns, group reporting packs and other management information complies with regulatory requirements and client reporting instructions provided.
- Ensuring that there is a strong control environment within the team and that key controls and reconciliation processes are kept up to date.
- Driving the development of accounting systems and processes.
- Driving the personal and professional development of the staff in the financial accounting team.
- Liaising with internal and external auditors
- Managing the delivery of policy accounting services to ensure consistent and accurate implementation of payments, cash collection, journaling and reconciliation process for all clients
- Developing and maintaining excellent relationship with senior members of finance functions in clients and external parties
- Managing the delivery of financial and regulatory reporting services to clients
The ideal candidate will have an excellent academic record, the ability to work in a fast-moving-environment and the interpersonal skill required to interact with clients internally and externally. They will also:
- Have a relevant accounting qualification, CPA/ACA/ACCA or equivalent, with a number of years relevant post qualification experience.
- Have a track record of successfully leading and managing a team
- Have experience in insurance financial (IFRS) & regulatory (Solvency II) reporting is essential.
- Have a proven track record demonstrating their ability to make sound decisions having analysed situations where issues have emerged
- Have the ability to manage effective ongoing relationships with key stakeholders and influence outcomes.
- Have experience of developing and managing a team in the delivery of results under tight deadlines
- Ideally, but not essentially, have a very good understanding of CLOAS and Dynamics
- Have the ability, confidence and desire to challenge and re-engineer practices and processes as required.
- Be highly motivated with an ability to work on own initiative and demonstrate flexibility
- Be an excellent communicator to various audiences including staff and management
- Have a proven track record in working to tight timelines in a team environment.
- Have good analytical ability and the ability to make decisions under pressure with a track record of proposing delivering process and / or system improvements.
- Drive for Results
- Communicating & Influencing
- Problem Solving & Decision Making
- Team Working and Cross Functional Collaboration