SSGA Europe Client Implementation Analyst, Officer
Based in Dublin, this role is in the Client Administration area within State Street Global Advisors (SSGA) - State Street's investment management organisation.
SSGA is a leading provider of investment management solutions to institutional investors. SSGA is one of the world's largest institutional investment managers with approximately $3.5 trillion in assets under management. We have global resources and talent passionate about delivering high quality investment strategies and integrated solutions to our clients worldwide, across virtually every asset class, capitalisation range, region, and style. Job Description
This role will involve working on the Client Implementation team. You will work as part of a small team that are responsible for coordinating new client take-on, transitions, restructures and other client events. Team members run client events as projects ensuring that detailed planning is completed, all risks and issues are considered, all parties are kept informed and that all events are executed in an efficient, timely manner.
This role is an excellent opportunity to develop detailed knowledge of investment management operations. It will present opportunities to become involved in a variety of projects and client events, and to represent the department in cross business meetings. It will be necessary to develop relationships both internally within SSGA Europe (with relationship managers, portfolio managers, operational teams etc) and also with other SSGA offices.
You will have a good understanding of the investment management industry, asset classes and fund structures. You will have the ability to work on your own initiative, to learn new activities quickly, to question processes and to communicate clearly. Primary Responsibilities include
Job Specification You should:
- Work with the team to ensure that all client and portfolio events are scoped, planned and executed in an efficient manner
- Attend and participate in meetings to plan proposed events and communicate event requirements to all parties involved
- Assist client facing teams with client event queries
- Work with colleagues to improve procedures for each event type and to continually strengthen controls
- Minimise errors. When they do occur, ensure that they are handled and communicated appropriately and as per SSGA policy
- Develop and maintain good working relationships internal and external to SSGA Europe
- Active participation in team and department meetings
- Have an honours degree in a relevant discipline.
- Have 4+ years experience in the Financial Services industry, preferably in Investment Management.
- Be high-reaching and motivated to succeed within an operational environment.
- Have a high level of accuracy, good attention to detail, a strong awareness of risk, and understand the implication of errors.
- Be capable of working on own initiative
- Have strong organisational abilities
- Have a structured approach to work with the ability to be flexible when required
- Have strong social and communication skills (both written and verbal). Be capable of building cohesive relationships within the department and across other departments.
- Be a great teammate.