Who we are looking for
Reporting to a Vice President, the AVP is responsible for ensuring team compliance with operating policies, procedures and guidelines in the timely completion of accurate Net Asset Valuations (NAV) and overall service delivery to our clients. The AVP is also responsible for team development, staff management and enhancing client satisfaction.
The role would be suitable for strong Officers as well as AVP-level staff looking to take on a new challenge on a team with diverse fund structures including ETF Clients. The role will initially focus on management of Client Operations for a growing group of Clients.
This position offers the successful candidate the opportunity to demonstrate leadership, communication, technical expertise and project management skills. The Individual will be responsible for implementing company policy, overseeing client deliverables and contributing to the development of the team. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS' tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As a Client Service Operations AVP you will
What we value
- Responsible for the day to day management and successful long-term relationships of assigned accounts.
- Develop and build up a strong relationship with the client(s). Provide subject matter expertise for new business onboarding.
- Ensures superior client satisfaction by acting as an advocate for clients and ensuring client issues are satisfactorily resolved. Proactive identification of client needs and potential internal issues impacting client satisfaction.
- Works closely with internal teams and clients. Facilitates communication between Client Service Operations & other business units to ensure an effective operating environment. Works with senior management keeping them informed of new developments, service issues, and new business opportunities.
- Provides overall project management for client related initiatives. Acts as a liaison between business units to ensure successful implementation. Manages internal and client expectations.
- Lead and motivate staff, particularly direct reports.
- Set and maintain standards of personal and professional performance/behaviour; ensuring staff accountability and adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Co-ordinate and implement training and development activities for the teams within your charge with reference to development pathways
- Provide coaching, guidance and support to team on technical, professional and client issues.
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Excellent administrative, organisational and business support skills,
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to work accurately to tight deadlines
- Proactive and able to work independently and as part of a team
Additional requirements About State Street What we do.
- Degree in Accounting or Finance or Business related area
- Minimum of 6-10 years working in Fund Administration
- Multi disciplined with strong project management skills combined with an aptitude for embracing innovation and new ways of conducting business and improving processes
- Demonstrated record of leading others to achieve goals
- Very strong relationship management with demonstrated ability to work across business lines
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer