The Managed Services team is responsible for all the infrastructure and automation required to support continuous integration and continuous delivery both for client cloud (UAT and Production) environments and internal environments. Your Role
You will work as part of a global team to help manage these environments and ensure that Managed Services requests are actioned within well defined SLAs. What You'll Do
What You Need to Get the Job Done
- Manage client cloud environments (UAT and production)
- Occasional outside support hours will be required as part of an on call rota to provide 24/7 cover
- Action Managed Services requests within defined SLAs,
- Optimize processes around Service Requests, resource reclamation, and monitoring.
- Implement automated solutions for repetitive and manual tasks.
- Analysis and improvement of existing SCM tool chain applications
- Collaboration with Managed Services stakeholders to refine and continuously improve deliverables and services according to their requirements.
- Collaboration with IT / Technical Architecture in R&D to assess tooling and trends.
- Manage internal environments
It's a bonus if you also have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- 3-5 years of experience in a similar role
- Good knowledge of UNIX/Linux systems and technologies - including shell scripting, OS configuration and troubleshooting
- Good knowledge of the Java eco system, JEE applications and application servers e.g. JBoss, Oracle WebLogic, IBM WebSphere
- Prior experience of Incident Management/Ticketing Systems (e.g. Jira, ServiceNow) and workflows
- Good knowledge of cloud computing concepts along with hands on experience of working in the cloud (AWS preferred)
- Ability to work within a team containing geographically disparate people
What we offer:
- Understanding of messaging oriented middleware especially JMS (e.g. IBM MQ, Active MQ)
- Experience of supporting a high uptime/high availability (24x7) system
- Understanding of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery, concepts and tooling
- Familiarity with scripting languages (e.g. Python, Groovy, Perl)
- Familiarity with build automation and dependency management
- Familiarity with source control systems (e.g. SVN, GIT) - branching, hook scripting, access control, backup & recovery
- SQL and JAVA skills would be an advantage
- Good working knowledge of software development lifecycle
- attractive salary package (fixed salary+annual bonus, medical, life, dental insurance)
- pension plan
- Wellbeing support
- Education support
- flexible working time (hybrid model)
- Recharge (unlimited time off)
----------------------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), IFTECH202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
281894 Posted On: