Work as part of a highly skilled Operations Team in our Dublin office, providing operational support and control to Macquarie Bank Europe's Designated Activity Company. This team gain exposure to a variety of products including Foreign Exchange trades, Structured Foreign Exchange, Financial Commodities, Sports Finance and Interest Rate Derivatives.
At Macquarie, we are working to create lasting value for our communities, our clients and our people. We are a global financial services group operating in 34 markets and with 54 years of unbroken profitability. You'll be part of a supportive team where everyone - no matter what role - contributes ideas and drive outcomes. What role will you play?
In this role, your day to day operational responsibilities will include validation of trade bookings, drafting of trade confirmations, settlement of transactions and investigation and resolution of cash reconciliations. Your role will also cover elements of the margining process regarding over-the-counter, futures, clearing and collateral optimisation. Client Service delivery will form a critical part of your role, while acting as a key contact for internal stakeholders and external clients. You'll utilise problem solving skills to identify process improvement and will collaborate with the local and global colleagues to deliver them. What you offer
- Experience in middle office operations, knowledge of regulatory changes in the derivatives industry, International Swaps and Derivatives Association standards and MarkitWire is beneficial, although not a prerequisite.
- Attention to detail and the ability to work well under pressure are also vital for this fast-paced role.
- You will have excellent written and oral communication skills, be highly motivated, proactive, risk aware and resilient individual with a positive approach to a challenging work environment.
We love hearing from anyone inspired to build a better future with us, if you're excited about the role or working at Macquarie we encourage you to apply.
Macquarie employees can access a wide range of benefits which, depending on eligibility criteria and location, include:
About the Corporate Operations Group
- Hybrid and flexible working arrangements
- One wellbeing leave day per year and minimum 25 days of annual leave.
- Primary carers are eligible for minimum 20 weeks paid leave and minimum 6 weeks for secondary carer
- Paid volunteer leave and donation matching
- Range of benefits to support your physical, psychological and financial wellbeing
- Employee Assistance Program
- Recognition and service awards
In our Corporate Operations Group, you will work at the heart of Macquarie. Join a collaborative team who accelerate digitalisation, sustainability and social impact for the benefit of our people, customers, shareholders and communities. Our teams include technology, digital transformation and data, operations, human resources, business services, corporate strategy and solutions and the Macquarie Group Foundation. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including color and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.