About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world's most successful individuals, families, and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise, and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. Role/ Department:
The role is for a Compliance Consultant, based in Dublin supporting the Irish Fund Management Company and wider EMEA asset management business. It will include a focus on compliance monitoring, frameworks and regulatory change projects, assessing laws and regulations impacting asset management entities in the EMEA region.
The individual will work within a regional Compliance team operating in a successful international Asset Management business, reporting locally to the Head of Compliance of the Irish Fund Management Company. The role is engaging, hands-on and offers excellent exposure to someone looking to develop their career in an asset management-based compliance role and a desire to stay in front of new regulatory developments.
The individual will act as a partner to both compliance and other business teams throughout the EMEA region. The key responsibilities of the role include:
Skills/ Qualifications: The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- Work closely with the Head of Compliance for the Fund Management Company on key compliance initiatives, frameworks, compliance documentation, regulatory liaison and monitoring
- Work proactively with business contacts and management to identify and implement practical and efficient solutions
- Familiarization with Northern Trust Asset Management's strategy, businesses, clients and products in order to provide timely and accurate regulatory and compliance advice to business partners
- Analyse and provide technical research and consultation to support risk and compliance programs and initiatives
- Develop and implement training programs with subject matter experts
- Providing ad-hoc project support as required
- Provide back up support to the wider compliance team as and when required, e.g. review of marketing materials, monitoring activity
Working with Us:
- Several years of asset management experience, preferably in Compliance or risk management; or equivalent related experience.
- In depth knowledge of Irish and International regulations e.g. CBI, MiFID II, UCITS, , etc
- Working knowledge of cross-border regulatory frameworks and rules
- Strong background in and understanding of investment management products and services with in depth understanding of securities, cash and derivatives market instruments
- Prior experience of UCITS fund structures.
- Analytical ability to identify and understand problems and provide effective collaborative solutions
- Highly motivated individual who has a proven record of using initiative to resolve problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas.
Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today. #MadeForGreater Reasonable accommodation
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com .
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.