Description About this role
Do you strive to implement the highest corporate governance standards? Would you like to use your know-how to make a difference day in and day out at the world's largest asset manager? Look no further! BlackRock is seeking an Associate within Fund Board Governance. We know how it feels to be valued every single day, and be recognized! At BlackRock we strive to empower our employees and actively engage in everyone's success. With over USD $6 trillion of assets we have a fiduciary responsibility: our technology and services empower millions of investors to save for retirement, pay for college, buy a home and improve their financial well-being. Join us and experience what it feels like to be part of an organization that makes a difference.
BlackRock takes a dynamic approach to alternative investments, creating investment vehicles that increasingly capitalize on evolving opportunities in fast-changing markets. We offer clients strategies designed to provide returns with low correlations to the broad equity and bond markets, including private equity, real estate equity and debt, fund of hedge funds, single-strategy hedge funds, long-only absolute return strategies, commodities and structured products.
As a Corporate Governance Authority, you will work closely with internal asset management teams and business partners to ensure communications operate effectively and to the highest standards.
- Ensure the highest level of corporate governance within all BlackRock UK companies;
- Balance the business of a range of corporate entities by crafting agendas, preparing and distributing Board packs, completing matters arising and minutes and the monitoring Board delegations policies;
- Building and maintaining excellent relationships with the Chairpersons and Directors of each entity for which you are responsible;
- Management of shareholder meetings where appropriate;
- Ensure that submissions are of a high standard and are suitable to provide to the Board and address key items;
- Assist in monitoring and updating UK Board and Committee diaries;
- Updating company records (both internal and Blueprint) and preparing templates, as well as reviewing and drafting documents and procedures;
- Preparation of minutes and matters arising for the Boards or Committees;
- Assist in ensuring that all terms of references are reviewed and updated (if required) on a regular basis and advising on corporate governance risks;
- Support the strong governance and control framework in place across BlackRock Europe by adherence to the processes and procedures to meet all regulatory and statutory obligations;
- Actively work to develop and improve various processes and controls in response to regulatory and industry changes, and as directed by the Boards and the business;
- Providing input and advice to the business and directors with regard to Board governance matters.
- Qualified Company Secretary experience but not a pre-requisite;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (strong minute taking ability required);
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with flexibility to adapt to shifting time expectations;
- Highly organized, attention to detail and with excellent personal time management
- Ability to build positive connections across the business, operations and suppliers at all levels of management up to and including Board of Director level;
- Ability to make presentations in person or by conference calls, draft clear and detailed reports;
- Familiarity and experience with Blueprint Software is an advantage;
- Deep understanding and interest in investment instruments and markets is a plus;
- Knowledge of the regulatory and corporate environment for UK funds but not required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of employee benefits including: retirement investment and tools designed to help you in building a sound financial future; access to education reimbursement; comprehensive resources to support your physical health and emotional well-being; family support programs; and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work model
BlackRock's current hybrid work model is designed to enable in-person connections and collaboration that is core to our culture, while supporting increased flexibility for all employees. In line with local health guidance and regulations, employees are required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. The health, safety and well-being of our people will always be our top priorities; we will continue to monitor local conditions and health advisories in making decisions about our work environments. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected characteristics at law.