Join our team in Dublin/Paris as a Credit Risk Manager / Senior Manager and play an integral role in supporting the development of the commodities desks in the Commodities & Global Markets division.
Your role will be focused on assessing innovative hedging/lending solutions across a variety of business models, including commodity product trading (primarily gas, power, oil, metals, agricultural and environmental certificates via OTC and Futures) as well as FX, specialised lending and asset finance products. In addition, you will be involved in the development, implementation and review of credit policies/frameworks and other portfolio management activities.
You will be responsible for all aspects of the credit management of a diverse portfolio of European clients (utilities, trading houses, large-mid corporates etc.) including:
- Credit analysis: Participate in initial and ongoing due diligence of clients. Perform quantitative and qualitative credit assessments, prepare accurate and rigorous written analysis, set internal ratings, recommend credit limits, and manage annual portfolio credit review processes.
- Trade approval recommendations: Respond in a timely manner to provide risk-based recommendations and decisions on new trade requests.
- Relationship management: Build strong working relationship with external clients, internal business partners including Sales & Trading colleagues, Risk counterparts, Legal and Operations.
- Risk monitoring: Undertake regular exposure analysis including internal stress testing and monitoring of financial data and operational reports
- Trading/Lending documentation: Liaise with Legal and clients in negotiating ISDA/CSA and EFET terms, Loan covenants etc.
- Contribute to defining risk appetite (qualitative and quantitative) within Macquarie's risk frameworks to meet strategic objectives.
In addition, you will also be responsible to independently develop high quality credit analysis with a focus on business rationale key risks, sources of repayment, projections, and risk/reward profile.
Your involvement in the development, implementation and review of credit policies/frameworks and other portfolio management activities will include the following aspects:
- Assist other senior Risk colleagues in the development, monitoring and evaluation of all appropriate corporate credit policies and frameworks.
- Work closely within the Risk teams to evaluate the credit portfolio based on various parameters including but not limited to credit quality and concentration risks within defined boundaries.
- Participate in the annual ICAAP process, evaluating the impact of various credit risks and stress testing on Macquarie's capital assessment.
- Portfolio reviews: Preparation of portfolio reports for Credit Committee meetings and senior management, and
- Strategic projects to support our business goals.
You'll need to bring the following skills and experience:
- Strong communication skills to provide concise and insightful credit recommendations.
- Developed interpersonal skills which will allow you to work effectively with various internal stakeholders and participate in client meetings.
- Ability to identify and evaluate key risks that arise from proposed transactions and potential mitigants.
- Familiarity with financial commodity products and understanding of related credit exposure as well as experience in reviewing credit policies/frameworks and other portfolio management activities.
- Ability to work on transactions in a fast-paced capital markets/trading environment.
- Prefer a background in risk management from a financial institution, commodity trader, fund manager or financial regulator.
Ideally, you will have solid knowledge of OTC derivative, futures and loan products, with strong organisational skills. Your ability to communicate effectively at all levels with risk colleagues, front office stakeholders and external clients are key to your success in this role. On the technical side, you will be a proficient user of Bloomberg, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. ACCA/CFA/FRM or other equivalent professional qualification is a preference.
If this sounds like you, please apply via the link below. About the Risk Management Group
The Risk Management Group (RMG) is an independent, centralised unit responsible for ensuring all risk across Macquarie are appropriately assessed and managed. Its divisions include Behavioural Risk, Compliance, Credit, Financial Crime Risk, Internal Audit, Market Risk, Operational Risk, Regulatory Affairs and Aggregate Risk, and RMG Enterprise Support. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of 'empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future', we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you'll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.