Data Governance Analyst
About the opportunity Department overview
This role is part of the FIL Data Governance Team within Fidelity. The team supports the global organisation by working with Data Stewards and Data Owners to ensure the quality of the organisations data is accurate and available, in a timely manner, for those that have an appropriate business need for the data. The team has ownership of the FIL Data Governance Policy and supporting standards and processes. The future responsibilities of the team may change as the Policy is further rolled out across the organisation and regulatory requirements for data in the industry increases. What you'll do
The purpose of the Data Governance Analyst role is to assist the data governance team in the execution of data governance policy, standards by provide support to data owners, data stewards and data stakeholders.
The role will be varied, supporting the managers in driving forward data improvements and supporting the business in triaging and resolving issues in Data quality, timeliness, accessibility and availability to both clients and internal data consumers.
Areas of focus are likely to be varied; it is expected to include FIL's Master data sources, reference data and transactional data. What you can expect
Who you are Essential Skills:
- Provide business and systems analysis expertise to Business Units where required on our core metadata platform Collibra
- Develop control structures within our platform to ensure the accuracy and quality of data in our metadata platform is fit for purpose.
- Assist the Head of Data Governance on key MI such as Data Issue tracking, in particularly those that are aged.
- Assist the Head of Data Governance with Decks and various other materials as and when required.
- Complete all daily operational controls on Collibra (metadata tool) to ensure the organisations Meta data is complete and current. Escalate potential Data Governance issues as a result of the controls and oversight
- Ensure the Data Governance pages on the FIL Source website are always up to date and propose and implement enhancements where appropriate
- Support the Data Governance Council, Data Oversight Committees and Data Steward working Groups, ensuring all deadlines are met and reports are completed.
- To manage other team members and keep track of team deliverables monthly, quarterly for completeness
- Identify risks associated with the lineage of the data with respect to Data Governance best practise
- To provide training and support to Business data stewards with the maintenance of the FIL Data Directory, Data Quality requirements and Data Governance Processes
- Act as an ambassador for data governance across FIL
- Keep up with changes in the industry and working with peers and colleagues within FIL and FMR to ensure an appropriate framework is in place to meet future needs
- Good experience in desktop analytical and formatting skills including Excel, Basic SQL, Basic VBA or other scripting language.
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work collaboratively with others and to navigate complex decision points
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to promote culture change across the organisation for Data Governance.
- Dynamic "can do" attitude with a strong desire to improve and make things happen
- Excellent Microsoft office skills [Excel, VBA, Power BI]
- Experience developing and producing Stakeholder and MIS reporting
- A genuine interest in how organizations tick with an analytical mind-set with the ability to review and interrogate data
- Understanding of the asset management industry including knowledge of financial and reference Data (i.e. Securities, Position, Transaction, Fund, Benchmark, Analytics, Credit Rating, Risk and Performance)
- Innovative, tenacity and enthusiasm
- Previous Experience of working in data management and an understanding of data governance practices in a financial services business
- Strong technical skills
- Experience in facilitating workshops employing different techniques to lead participants to consensus
- Good understanding of Data Governance enabling technologies
- Previous experience working with Collibra
About you About Fidelity International
- Customer Orientation and Stakeholder Management
- Strategic Thinking
- Influencing and negotiation
- Initiating and adapting to change: Process improvements, Flexibility
- Information Gathering
- Problem Analysis
- Planning & Implementation
- Need for Excellence - Quality Orientation
Fidelity International offers investment solutions and services and retirement expertise to more than 2.5 million customers globally. As a privately-held, purpose-driven company with a 50-year heritage, we think generationally and invest for the long term. Operating in more than 25 locations and with $611.4 billion in total assets, our clients range from central banks, sovereign wealth funds, large corporates, financial institutions, insurers and wealth managers, to private individuals.
Our Workplace & Personal Financial Health business provides individuals, advisers and employers with access to world-class investment choices, third-party solutions, administration services and pension guidance. Together with our Investment Solutions & Services business, we invest $471 billion on behalf of our clients. By combining our asset management expertise with our solutions for workplace and personal investing, we work together to build better financial futures.
Our clients come from all walks of life and so do we. We are proud of our inclusive culture and encourage applications from the widest mix of talent, whatever your age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, social background and more.
As a flexible employer, we trust our people to perform their role in the way that works best for them, our clients and our business. We are a disability-friendly company and would welcome a conversation with you if you feel you might benefit from any reasonable adjustments to perform to the best of your ability during the recruitment process and beyond. Data as at 30 September 2020. Read more at https://www.fidelityinternational.com/
Applying to this Job Role: Please note you are only required to upload your CV/Resume to the application screen.