As Data Governance Senior Manager you will support the global organisation to ensure the quality of our data is accurate and fit for purpose. You'll also champion the FIL Data Governance Framework and supporting standards and processes.
This role is part of the FIL Data Governance Team, you will report to the Head of Data Governance. The team supports the global organisation by working with Data Stewards and Data Owners to ensure the quality of the organisations data is accurate and fit for purpose for those that have an appropriate business need for the data. The team has ownership of the FIL Data Governance Framework and supporting standards and processes. The future responsibilities of the team may change as the Framework is further rolled out across the organisation and regulatory requirements for data in the industry are increasing.
What you can expect
- Promote Data Governance: You would actively promote the Data Governance Council, the Data Governance Framework and the target Data Architecture across the organisation, including presentations, training sessions, an intranet site and other communication mechanisms. You would act as an ambassador for business data governance across Fidelity.
- Deputise for the Head of Data Governance:
- Chairing the Data Governance Council and Data Governance Steering Committees in the Head of Data Governance's absence.
- Assisting with the management of the Data Governance team.
- Supporting the Data Governance team, including sharing expertise, reviewing management reports and assisting team members to achieve stakeholder commitment.
- Lead / project manage the resolution of the global organisation's data quality issues and larger scale enhancements with a particular focus on security reference data.
- Focus on Data Governance in the External Communication of Data: Drive the implementation of the Data Governance Framework for:
- Fidelity's external websites and other outward-facing digital data applications, on a global basis
- Fidelity's external publications, such as fund factsheets
- Data shared with external data vendors
- Represent the Data Governance team on Regulatory reporting projects: Regulatory requirements often involve the collection, generation and dissemination of specific data (e.g. Solvency II, PRIIPS), and we need to ensure that data governance principles are encompassed within these projects.
- Manage Fidelity's Disclosure Policy: Fidelity's disclosure policy sets rules for the sharing of Fidelity's proprietary information externally (e.g. portfolio holdings, Fidelity company information such as assets or personnel). You will chair the quarterly Disclosure Policy Committee meetings that set and amend policy, collect and propose changes to policy, ensuring that the disclosure policy documentation and website is maintained and that suitable processes are in place for approving and recording exceptions.
- Industry Benchmarking: Keep up with changes in the industry and working with peers and colleagues within Fidelity International and our US associate company Fidelity Management & Research (FMR) to ensure an appropriate framework is in place to meet future needs.
- Enable a priority process for driving forward business data quality, overseeing data projects and providing an independent expertise to Business Data Owners.
- Business Data Owners: Support the training and development of the identified Business Data Owners globally providing coaching and support for the individuals involved, ensuring the Business data owners understand their responsibility with regards to the data they own.
- Analysis: Assist data stewards with business case development to ensure data target operating models meet Data Governance standards and assist with understanding and documenting impacts to the organisation of data risks.
Who you are
- Degree-educated; either in a financial discipline or else IT
- 5+ years' of Data Management related experience (Reference Master Data, Asset Pricing, Data Quality, Metadata, issue management, Data Provisioning etc.)
- 5+ years of experience in Financial Services
- A Recognised industry qualifications pertaining to Data would be advantageous
- Proven operational experience, within an Asset Management company, where you have had to work to deadlines and have high attention to detail
- Experience in Security Reference Data and Asset Pricing
- Good experience in desktop analytical and formatting skills including Excel, SQL, VBA or other scripting language.
- An understanding of Data Governance best practice in the industry
- An understanding of Data Architecture, Data Lifecycles, Data Quality Standards and Logical Data Modelling practices
- Previous experience of implementing data governance practices in a financial services business
- Previous experience of working at a senior level within an operational or technology data role with a focus on security reference data.
- Proven ability to manage senior stakeholders and chair steering committees
- Communication skills - Proven communication, presentation, training and coaching skills that are flexible to support all employees globally in the organisation
- Influencing skills - you will need to be able to influence major technology change programmes and stakeholders distributed across a global financial services business, and persuade stakeholders of the benefits of Data Governance
- Able to work in a rapidly changing environment
- Dynamic "can do "attitude with a strong desire to improve and make things happen.