Data Migration Manager AVP - European Onboarding Team
The Data migration manager for New Client On-boarding will be required to demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of Project management and Data Migrations and will take the lead role in the management of the Data migration workstream.
This activity is usually associated with new business wins and involves the migration of client data onto IFDS systems. Key responsibilities will include management of a small, dedicated migration team made up of permanent and contract staff, testing of environment configuration as a precursor to model office phases and production readiness testing. This may also include direct contact with our clients to explain our data migration process and to plan large programmes.
The data migration manager will manage the migration of data into multiple TA systems and will be required to plan and coordinate with multiple stakeholders - external and internal Transfer Agency IT providers and vendors as well, testing and operational teams. Duties
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive Data migration strategy and playbook and ensure all tasks are delivered / completed on a timely basis.
- Conduct Data mapping sessions with clients to assess their existing files and data and map these to IFDS applications. This will include data and image files.
- Lead data migration, working closely with Business readiness and vendor data migration Teams and Operations.
- Maintain Data migration documentation and templates
- Work closely with the Test manager to ensure the data migration is tested during Mock loads as well as on Dress Rehearsal and Live weekends.
- Management of Workstream Meetings
- Manage expectations of key stakeholders end ensure transparency in all communication.
- Utilization of industry best practices to ensure usability, scalability, maintainability
- Provide frequent progress/ status reporting.
- Cultivate open communication with clients and business partners in an effort to identify opportunities to improve processes and methodologies
- Keep abreast of industry trends and best practices, market data and new product rollouts and assess internal release impacts to data migration.
- To comply with the regulatory regimes in which IFDS operates, with particular consideration given to relevant Client Asset, Data Protection and Financial Crime Prevention regulations, as appropriate to the above role.
- Drive the development and implementation of appropriate procedures to meet internal control and external compliance/regulatory requirements
- Manage multi-disciplinary teams of BA's, to deliver successful client on-boarding projects.
- Manage career paths of direct reports. Ensure training plans are in place for all permanent team members.
Knowledge and Competency Requirements Essential
- All employees are accountable for the delivery of a Quality service, driving for excellence in all their work activities;
- To be quality driven, aiming for 100% accuracy and timeliness of delivery;
- To effectively plan the way services are delivered so that all activity is directly related to providing quality services and meeting the expectations of the client (internal and external);
- To continuously review processes and practices relating to the role and act as a catalyst for change and improvement in individual and team performance;
- To observe proper standards of market, business and personal conduct, demonstrating integrity in the execution of duties;
- To communicate and promote the values which reinforce and support a consistent quality culture.
- To adhere to company values of Professional, Accountable, Client Focused, Excellence and Leadership in all tasks and interactions
- Must be willing to travel as part of the role - mostly between Ireland, Lux and UK.
- Expert knowledge of Data migrations
- Expert knowledge of TA system and or fund administration systems
- Excellent administrative, organisational and business support skills, with the ability to multi-task and to work calmly under pressure.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to work accurately to tight deadlines
- Proactive and able to work independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated leadership skills including initiative, accountability, credibility, and consensus building.
- Ability to manage direct and indirect reports in a virtual team setting
- As well as high level of interpersonal skill to interact with senior business professionals.
- Well-developed decision making, judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to engage internal stakeholders across a number of different functional areas.
- Client Service orientation, with a proven ability to work with clients and internal groups to diagnose and develop solutions.
- Strong quantitative, analytical and problem solving/troubleshooting skills combined with the ability to draw meaningful conclusions from qualitative client feedback or large data sets.
- Demonstrated ability to innovate and develop new proposals/solutions.
- Proven project management skills, with strong attention to detail and flexibility to handle multiple projects and changing priorities.
- Enthusiastic and proactive approach with meticulous attention to detail
- Positive impact - performs in a manner that makes a strong positive impression on others; e.g., high energy level, a problem-solving approach, approachable; and the ability to act with a sense of urgency when required.
- Undergraduate degree.
- PMP certification or minimum of 2 - 4 years of Project Management experience
- Experience with data analysis and large data migration projects preferably in Fund Administration.
- Knowledge of compliance, anti-money laundering and regulatory environment.
- Proactive in acquiring information to develop new skills to improve job performance; grasps new material quickly and easily, and applies new information, concepts and procedures in a constructive manner.
- Detail oriented with a demonstrated ability to enhance process improvement capabilities.
- Understanding of investment concepts and the ability to communicate a working knowledge of investment strategies and products
- Knowledge of the mutual fund processing and quality control; call centres and the administrative back-office.
This position is open to receive applications up to and including Friday 11th October 2019.