Data Visualisation & Information Design Consultant
- Salary: Negotiable
- Location: Dublin, Leinster, Ireland
- Job Type: Full time
- Company: Fidelity International
The purpose of your new role is to establish new forward-looking expertise within Fidelity International that is focused on data storytelling, visualisation, dashboard design and information design.
In a digital, fast changing world, will you help differentiate us from the competition?
It's a technological world - our clients want to engage with us using creative websites, great apps and through a first class customer service team, all supported by best in class technology solutions that keep their data secure. We pride ourselves on being a technology-powered organisation where technology is at the heart of everything we do. Our teams are focussed and nimble to react quickly to changing market conditions. We embrace a "start-up" approach, supported by a large, global organisation that nurtures great talent. We value a diverse workforce that drives different opinions and great ideas, leading to innovation, creativity and measured risk taking.
If you are passionate about delivering change in a technological world, look to Fidelity.
Purpose of your role
The Shared Data Services team is looking for a self-motivated professional who is passionate about Data Visualization and Information Design, both to work with internal clients visualizing complex data sets, and to work on team branding and design across our internal application, dashboards, documents and animation videos and posters for digital displays. You will have extensive experience in graphic design and information design, including storytelling and dashboard design.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for beautiful Visual Design and the ability to tell a story from and through data.
It's important to have demonstrated expertise in graphic design and designing visualizations representing complex information in an actionable and impactful way. We expect a portfolio to demonstrate experience.
- As Data Visualization and Information Design lead comfortable to work within a global team and set priorities for a small global team across different regions and time zones.
- Work with global teams in a consultative capacity to solve data visualization and information design problems (including lean, elegant dashboard design) based on complex data sets.
- Responsible for all design aspects of the Shared Data Services dashboards, portal, documents, digital posters & animations, and other storytelling requirements.
- Working with the head of Enterprise Data Strategy to build and develop Fidelity's data visualization and information design capability.
- Educate business, technology and operations teams on great data visualization, information design and storytelling.
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Expert-level proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite
- Good experience with Microsoft PowerBI or Tableau highly desirable
- Experience and interest in illustration and animation
- Comfortable working with Data Scientists, Data Engineers and business stakeholders, demonstrating excellent communication skills.
- Familiar with agile development and tools