Dealing Services AVP
Main purpose of role:
At this level you will be required to demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of the Funds Industry and take a lead role in the management of the operations team. You will be expected to direct and plan the operations department activities with a major focus on department strategy, change management, resource planning and development, client relationship management and risk reduction. Responsibilities: LEADERSHIP
- Responsible for the setting and achievement of specific operations team performance targets and objectives
- As a member of the senior management team lead, direct and manage the dealing operations
- Exercise operational oversight within the Dealing Services team and make sound operational decisions
- Contribute to the development of the organisation in terms of financial planning, business strategy, service offerings and HR policies
- Ownership, management and development of strong client relationships
- Form strategic partnerships with Clients in order to provide exceptional client service
- Handle and resolve complex or unusual operational and managerial problems that are referred from above and below
- Ensure that procedures, policies and processes are adhered to so that a high quality service is delivered to the customer. Drive procedural changes to improve performance of the dealing services and operations teams
- Continually develop expertise in all area of the business
- Responsible for the ownership and management of vendor, audit and regulatory body relationships, as required
RISK & REGULATORY
- Identify and secure resources required by Operations and ensure effective utilisation
- Ensure that Transfer Agency is properly resourced both in terms of people and technology whilst complying with agreed budgetary guidelines
- Actively support the overall organization and Transfer Agency Training Plan
- Assist more senior colleagues and deputise in their absence
- Utilise management information to assist in managing both clients and resources
- Focus on development opportunities for your direct reports
- Using corporate PPR tools, actively participate in the performance appraisal process and monitor overall timeliness of completion for the entire team with your direct reports
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and with the relevant short, medium and long-term goals, objectives and values of the organization
- Promote risk awareness, assessment and control within the Operations team
- Drive the development and implementation of appropriate procedures to meet internal control and external compliance/regulatory requirements
- Understand the risk environment within the operations team and manage appropriately
- Provide regular feedback to managers and more senior colleagues with regard to Transfer Agency operations
- Lead and contribute to operational, client, risk, audit and regulatory meetings as required
- Lead and contribute to your chosen Focus Group
Core Requirements: Regulatory:
- Create an environment that is flexible and adaptable and be a champion of change
- Initiate and oversee tasks within a continuous improvement drive to ensure that IFDSI is efficient and seen as customer and quality driven
- Provide support during the implementation of change
- Ensure participation in the completion and implementation of department wide projects as required and lead local team initiatives
- To exercise due care and diligence, ensuring the areas the role is responsible for are organised and controlled;
- To comply with the regulatory regimes in which IFDS operates, with particular consideration given to relevant Client Asset, Data Protection and Financial Crime Prevention regulations, as appropriate to the above role.
All employees are accountable for the delivery of a Quality service, driving for excellence in all their work activities:
Knowledge and Competency Requirements
- To be quality driven, aiming for 100% accuracy and timeliness of delivery;
- To effectively plan the way services are delivered so that all activity is directly related to providing quality services and meeting the expectations of the customer (internal and external);
- To continuously review processes and practices relating to the role and act as a catalyst for change and improvement in individual and team performance;
- To observe proper standards of market, business and personal conduct, demonstrating integrity in the execution of duties;
- To communicate and promote the values which reinforce and support a consistent quality culture.
- To adhere to company values of Professional, Accountable, Client Focused, Excellence and Leadership (PACE & L) in all tasks and interactions
Specific knowledge, skills and qualifications needed to achieve required performance standards in a role. Essential Desirable
- Excellent administrative, organisational and business support skills, with the ability to multi-task and to work calmly under pressure.
- Strong people management skills with a proven track record for developing and retaining staff.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to present to and influence Senior Management both verbally and via written reports and presentations.
- Possess excellent organisational, planning and co-ordination skills.
- Ability to work accurately to tight deadlines
- Proactive and able to work independently and as part of a team
- Comprehensive procedural, technical and product knowledge of the Transfer Agency business is required. This should be complemented with a strong understanding of Fund Accounting, Custody and Regulatory background to Funds Industry.
- Typically candidate will have 8-10 years experience in a similar environment including at least 3-4 years in a management capacity.