Developer - Oracle Application Express (APEX)
- Salary: Negotiable
- Location: Dublin, Leinster, Ireland
- Job Type: Full time
- Company: Fidelity International
You will be responsible for working on design and development of new APEX applications as well as production support activities, as part of a DevOps Data Services team. In addition to this you will act as a trusted technology advisor to the business, providing guidance and consultancy as required.
The Technology function provides IT services to the Fidelity International business, globally. These include the development and support of business applications that underpin our revenue, operational, investment, compliance, finance, legal, marketing and customer service functions. The broader organisation incorporates Infrastructure services that the firm relies on to operate on a day to day basis.
Technology Infrastructure Services (TIS) is responsible for managing all infrastructure components globally, supporting business delivery projects and delivering TIS projects. The function is divided into six core disciplines:
- Service Management - Major Incident Management, Problem and Change Management functions and 24/7 Bridge Operations.
- Technology Architecture and Engineering - define and drive overall Technology Architecture and Infrastructure strategy, alongside scope, design and engineering of Infrastructure solutions.
- Project Delivery - supporting the business by managing the delivery of infrastructure elements of change projects, along with the management of the Technology Infrastructure portfolios.
- Platform and Storage - design, engineering, implementation and operational support of infrastructure related to platform (Wintel, Linux and Unix), storage, backup and virtualisation.
- Network, Voice and Market Data - design, engineering, implementation and operational support of infrastructure related to global network technologies, UK Data Centres and market data services.
- Business Services - design, engineering, implementation and operational support for infrastructure related to PaaS, Digital, Web & Middleware, Collaboration and Data Services.
The Data Services group is responsible for design, engineering, implementation and operational support of all database technologies and data services platforms including replication, analytics, virtualisation and grid, Big Data as well as infrastructure data and analytics.
Purpose of your role
You will be responsible for working on design and development of new APEX applications as well as production support activities, as part of a DevOps Data Services team. In addition to this you will act as a trusted technology advisor to the business, providing guidance and consultancy as required in your area of expertise.
The role will involve regular BAU (Business As Usual) and weekend support for the delivered APEX applications.
The key responsibilities of this role are:
- Agile design and development of new APEX applications
- Enhancements, maintenance and support of existing APEX applications
- Design and development of related Oracle backend application logic using SQL, PL/SQL
- Design and development of ORDS rest based api solutions and other api driven integrations
- Rich user Interface design and development
- Database design and application performance tuning
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Excellent development experience using the newer APEX 5.0/5.1
- Extensive development experience of SQL, PLSQL ideally in an Oracle 12c environment
- Experience of designing rich user interfaces and use of the Universal Theme
- Good working knowledge of JSON and XML
- A good team worker, with the ability to prioritise and co-ordinate activities.
- Experience of working to tight deadlines on a regular basis.
- Good analytical, problem solving and documentation skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing business needs (flexible) and learning new skills quickly.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, together with the ability to communicate with management and other business and technical groups.
- Calm approach when under pressure.
- Customer focused - strong service ethic.
- Ability to work on own initiative with minimal direction.
3 - 5 years of application design and development experience including:
- APEX 5.1 and up
- Good User Interface Design UI/UX Design Experience
- Oracle SQL and PL/SQL including extensive use of packages
- ORDS rest api development and integration with third party Rest/SOAP apis from the Oracle database
- Performance tuning SQL and PLSQL
- Database design and modelling
- Agile development methodologies
- Ability to work to and influence design and development standards
- APEX Template and Plugins design and development
- Apache, Weblogic and ORDS middleware configuration