CAO, State Street Global Advisors EMEA ROLE SUMMARY
Reporting directly to the Head of EMEA of State Street Global Advisors (GA), the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) plays a critical role in supporting the region and the Head of EMEA by establishing and monitoring the strategy of the region, ensuring appropriate collaboration across functions, designing and leading regional talent initiatives and other projects which require a regional perspective. In summary, the CAO supports all activities associated with the Head of EMEA role.
In addition, the CAO has responsibility for managing the governance activities of State Street Global Advisors Europe Ltd (SSGAEL), the entity responsible for our EU activities. This role will ensure that the structure and activities of the organisation support a well-governed entity in the context of the jurisdictions in which it operates and is regulated as well as complying with internal governance frameworks. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Engages in business level strategic planning, aligning regional goals to GA's overall strategy
- Takes responsibility for leading regional cross-functional strategic initiatives; coordinates business teams and corporate functions in support of these initiatives
- Acts as a representative for the Head of EMEA on a variety of committees and initiatives. Coordinates and supports CEO's commitments to industry organisations, speaking engagements and client interactions
- In collaboration with internal and external communications and marketing groups across State Street and GA, set overall communications objectives and develop a comprehensive plan along with the messaging and preparation of content and materials for all internal and external speaking engagements and Board interactions
- Work with the Head of EMEA on talent initiatives including engagement, learning and development and diversity and inclusion
- Where relevant to EMEA, can also play a central role in GA's partnership and M&A activities
- Proactive ownership, management, coordination and oversight of all aspects relating to the SSGAEL Board and Committee meetings including scheduling, agenda and content preparation. This requires collaboration across all areas of the business to ensure that the business of the board is executed efficiently and effectively
- Acts as the main contact (outside of the CEO) for the independent non-executive directors of SSGAEL
- Manages the relationship with the SSGAEL Company Secretary , Matsack
- Implements and manages a Branch oversight framework
- Acts as senior management governance representative or business lead on relevant regulatory initiatives that impact SSGAEL
- Manages an effective and collaborative team (3 individuals)to deliver on objectives
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
- Strategic mindset and curiosity - The candidate should be able to research, refine and help to evolve EMEA's strategy through identification and analysis of emerging trends through data and industry, organisational and client interactions. This individual should play a key role in helping to spur a culture of collaboration, and suggest recommendations for creative change and/or new initiatives
- Ability to prioritize among competing objectives and provide leadership - The candidate should be experienced in managing multiple priorities with a proven ability to shift focus to the most important deliverables and find effective ways to leverage the organization. An ability to create a sense of urgency and deliver results is critical
- Strong knowledge of the asset management industry - The candidate should display an effective working knowledge of GA's business lines and different functions
- Managerial strength - The candidate should have a track record of motivating employees, building teams and managing relationships. Personal and organizational accountability and appreciation of how best to operate within a matrix environment, particularly one that is diverse and multi-cultural, is important
- Keen observational and organizational skills - The candidate should have effective interpersonal skills that enables him or her to identify problems and arrive at potential solutions quickly and collaboratively. Bringing an ability to synthesize issues, propose solutions and articulate them in a way that will be respected and valued by senior leaders across the business is valuable
- Excellent presentation and communication abilities - The candidate should have effective written, and oral presentations skills and also possess the ability to create clear executive and board level material, describe and summarize complicated content and convey a compelling narrative
- Influencing and Partnering Skills - It is vital that the individual has the proven ability to form strong and constructive relationships with colleagues across the business and be recognized as a partner and resource by all.
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don't necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit. About State Street Global Advisors What We Do.
As the asset management arm of State Street Corporation, State Street Global Advisors has served the world's governments, institutions and financial advisors for over four decades. With a rigorous, risk-aware approach built on research, analysis and market-tested experience, we build from a breadth of active and index strategies to create cost-effective solutions. As stewards, we help portfolio companies see that what is fair for people and sustainable for the planet can deliver long-term performance. And, as pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest. As a result, we have become one of the world's largest asset managers with trillions of dollars under our care. Our Mission.
At State Street Global Advisors our mission is to invest responsibly to enable economic prosperity and social progress. We are driven by a desire to help our clients, and those who rely on them, achieve a better future. We have a long history of developing innovative investment strategies to provide our clients with reliable and transparent returns, cost-effectively, and without excessive risk. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to Flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Company: State Street Global Advisors