About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Strategy & Planning SVP to join its growing EMEA Strategy and special projects team as a senior team member and to lead Responsible banking and Sustainability initiatives.
The EMEA Strategy and special projects team is part of the International Strategy and Innovation group. It has the primary purpose of supporting the Head of International and EMEA President and the EMEA Leadership team in the development and execution of EMEA strategy and business plans. In this role, you will:
- Lead/manage cross-organizational strategic initiatives in EMEA. An immediate direct responsibility will be to lead an initiative to drive the implementation of the EU Taxonomy across the EMEA platform.
- Develop strategic analysis and recommendations, frame and conduct insightful analysis, identify solution options, develop business and implementation plans
- Facilitate decision-making, issue resolution and buy-in as required with a broad array of senior stakeholders across the organization
- Collaborate with and influence all levels of professionals, including more experienced leadership
- Oversee/support implementation of solutions and key strategic plans, as necessary
- Identify business and operational improvement opportunities for EMEA and conduct read across for application to broader International activities
- Further the development and application of key organizational capabilities in collaboration with COO/Change/Infrastructure teams, for example, data analytics, ESG/Sustainable banking, Agile execution, adoption of innovation.
- Continually advancing the EMEA Strategy group's capability, perceived value and mandate for the benefit of the International platform
- Develop and guide a culture of talent development to meet business objectives and strategy as well as promote diversity and inclusion in our practices
- Significant experience in financial services, in particular with Commercial and/or Corporate and Investment banking
- Strong expertise as a management consultant gained from a blue-chip consulting firm achieving Senior Manager/Junior Director level
- Demonstrable knowledge in developing business strategy, establishing business plans for new financial services, determining risk management, financial, operational, technology and infrastructure issues
- Strong experience and expertise in operationalizing a strategic plan through leadership experience in delivering change/transformation programmes
- Strong working knowledge of the ESG/Climate requirements and approaches that Financial services players must adopt to meet regulations and to address opportunities
- Strong undergraduate and post graduate qualifications
This position requires strong leadership, organizational and execution skills to lead high impact initiatives and partner with a large number of team members from across the EMEA region as well as with Enterprise. The candidate must:
We Value Diversity
- Be an experienced team leader, possess excellent programme management, analytical and communication skills.
- Have the ability to analyze the market environment and competitive landscape in order to identify trends, opportunities and the ability to formulate initiatives to act on these insights.
- Have strong execution expertise and a results-oriented approach
- Have strong stakeholder influencing abilities that are required to interface with senior executives in US, EMEA, and Asia
- Have good experience in the banking industry across front, middle office and operations.
- Have a solid understanding of the regulatory environment
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.