The Endpoint Security Engineer will serve as a subject matter expert collaborating with various development and platform teams to help design, test, implement, and provide high-level support for various endpoint security-related products and the systems that manage them.
- Evaluate and compare existing "in house" end point security products as they relate to a variety of unique enterprise-wide use cases
- Evaluate and test new leading edge end point security products from various vendors on an "as needed" basis
- Provide senior-level subject matter expertise on a variety of security-related issues
- Develop operational SOPs, system architectural diagrams, data workflows, queries, and reports as needed
- Collaborate with Global Cybersecurity department as well as other areas of the corporation to help create effective end point security practices
- Oversee security software testing, implementation, and deployment to a variety of endpoints throughout the corporation
- Provide requests for information from auditors, regulatory and governance bodies, IT Risk teams, and application owners as required
- Provide direction and guidance for operational support teams
- Evaluate new mergers and acquisitions as it relates to endpoint security requirements
- Interface with security vendors on a regular basis to conduct touchpoint meetings, future roadmap sessions, major incident response, etc.
- Oversee security product compliance maintenance and reporting
- Manage software licensing orders, true-ups, remediation, and maintenance renewals
- Oversee periodic system disaster recovery tests
- Bring audit discovery items to closure in a timely manner
- Manage annual system recertifications as it applies to the CMDB and application inventory systems
What we value
- Experience operating or supporting platforms used in incident response, threat detection, or threat hunting (e.g., Splunk, Tanium, CrowdStrike, Cylance, SentinelOne, Corelight)
- Familiarity with multiple open source and commercial security tools including their use cases, capabilities, and limitations
- Strong foundational security knowledge, specifically in large and complex organisations
- Understanding of current security threats and other challenges, as well as frameworks like MITRE ATT&CK
- Experience of a 24/7 security operations environment emphasising speed of response, reliability, and system availability
- A desire to learn, combined with a collaborative work style and strong personal work ethic
- Strong communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- This is a role for an experienced security professional, expected to have 5+ years of relevant security and systems management experience (at least 3 years in security)
- Certifications in relevant security products would be beneficial (e.g., Tanium Certified Operator / Administrator, CrowdStrike Certified Falcon Administrator / Responder / Hunter, Cylance Security Professional, Splunk Certified Admin / User, SentinelOne Certified Administrator / Incident Responder)
- A degree is not required for this role, but a qualification in information security or information systems may be beneficial, or relevant industry certifications
- Experience with scripting, system integration, or light development would be beneficial (e.g., Python, PowerShell, other scripting)
- Experience with network security monitoring (NSM) or network traffic analysis (NTA) would be beneficial
- Experience in distributed, international teams would be beneficial
- Experience in financial services may be beneficial
Why this role is important to us Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We're driving the company's digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We're looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry.
About State Street What we do
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.