Engineering Operations Manager, Charles River Development, Assistant Vice President
Charles River Development (CRD) is looking for an experienced, results-oriented, highly organized Operations Manager to join our engineering leadership team. If you have a keen eye for details, work cross-functionally with different departments, and obsess over quality & customer success, this is the role for you.
The Operations Manager will be responsible for planning, governance, and driving delivery of various technology projects across the engineering organization responsible for CRD's Charles River Investment Management Solution (CRIMS) and Alpha Platform. The role will include visibility across the broader internal global technology and business teams, as well as multiple external vendors. The role will be responsible for managing procurement needs of Engineering teams. Responsibilities:
- Lead and drive execution of initiatives in collaboration with the engineering leadership team.
- Define the scope, timeline, resource needs, and prioritization.
- Maintain a backlog of such initiatives to improve organizational productivity, employee morale, and product quality.
- Establish the necessary project governance and engagement based on the project and stakeholders for each initiative
- Be accountable for the ongoing monitoring and reporting of status.
- Provide periodic and ad-hoc status reports on initiatives and other engineering activities to the leadership team.
- Identify, mitigate, and where necessary escalate risks and issues to ensure on-time completion of planned tasks.
- Collaborate with engineering leadership and finance teams on budget planning and tracking
- Help build best practices and develop processes to improve productivity. Identify and solve interesting and new problems related to building high performing engineering team and delivering high-quality software.
- Provide organization and develop tracking systems around various engineering activities
- Drive audit activities and responses on behalf of the engineering leadership team
- Engaged with vendors and third-party solution providers and manage licenses. Ensure all vendors management related processes are compliant with necessary controls and audit requirements
- Assist in engineering team onboard contract talent and facilitate SOW approvals and execution. Liaison with external vendors and collaborate to ensure successful execution of SOW and resource onboarding
- Keep track of tools, software and hardware licenses. Ensure their timely budget approval and renewal.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, and Physics or other technical courses of study required.
- A minimum of 10 years of professional experience in an engineering operations management role.
- Excellent organizational skills with a commitment to meeting deadlines and expectations while ensuring the overall quality of delivery
- Strong project management skills and a solid understanding of project management methodologies, tools, and techniques
- Strong collaborator - foster strong working relationships with all levels of the engineering team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and confidence in dealing with all levels of the organization
- Ability to quickly grasp and distinctly explain technological and business concepts
- Highly analytical and metrics-driven mindset along with strong prioritization and time management skills
- Creative problem-solver, persistent, self-directed, attention to detail, and organized
- Proficiency with JIRA and Confluence, including JQL, dashboards, automation, etc.
- Proficiency Salesforce, ServiceNow, PowerBI, and basic SQL is a plus
☒ Individual Contributor ☐ Team Lead ☐ Manager of Managers Travel:
No Travel Requirements About Charles River Development
Charles River Investment management System in an platform that provides many Front-Office functions including Portfolio Management, Order Management and Execution, Compliance, Performance & Attribution, Modelling, Scenario Analysis, and Wealth Management.
We are part of the State Street Bank. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark in the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers.
Charles River Development