About this role:
As a leading member of the Risk Strategy, Planning & Governance (SPG) team, the Enterprise Risk Lead Officer will assist the Chief Risk Officer (CRO), Deputy CRO and members of the risk leadership team in implementing the risk management program, leading key aspects of SPG annual plan that seeks to drive a holistic approach to risk management oversight. In this role, you will:
This leadership role will be demonstrated by:
- Manage the coordination, development and monitoring of the foundational risk documents including Risk Framework, Risk Strategy, Risk Appetite Framework;
- Manage the coordination and aggregation of risk reporting and risk submissions which are presented to the Executive Committee and Risk Committee for review, recommendation (to Board) or approval;
- Coordinate IRM review and challenge on Front Line risk assessments, such as the quarterly assessment that monitors and reports risk management effectiveness, through evaluation of control design and effectiveness and risk management capabilities;
- Provide IRM review and challenge on Front Line documents; including Business Strategy and several key policies.
- Oversee policy management across the bank, with a responsibility to design and communicate Board-approved policy governance principles and coordination of semi-annual refresh of policy inventory;
- Manage the ongoing oversight of Strategic Risk and Model Risk governance;
- Participate in the delivery of key strategic projects.
Required Skills / Experience:
- Leading on the implementation of key team priorities and deliverables which will involve development, implementation, and monitoring of key risk governance related processes;
- Reviewing complex business, operational, or technical challenges that require an in-depth evaluation of variable factors;
- Formulating and presenting recommendations for resolving more complex situations and exercise independent judgment while developing expertise in relevant policies, procedures and requirements;
- Reviewing risk reporting and submissions to ensure a holistic view is reflected and key messages are captured as inputs are collated and consolidated;
- Providing oversight and challenge to the Front Line on key risk management processes and documentation;
- Guiding and directing in terms of policies, risk management effectiveness and reporting enhancements; and
- Collaborating and consulting with risk colleagues and internal stakeholders.
We Value Diversity
- Extensive experience in leading on aspects of enterprise risk management, or equivalent, demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training and education;
- Experience in capital markets, asset management and/or lending businesses;
- Experience in projects or processes involving multiple disciplines within an organisation;
- Exceptional organisational, analytical and documentation skills;
- Must be able to work independently and positively collaborate in a fast-paced team environment;
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, with an ability to communicate effectively; and
- Self-starter and able to identify and deliver continuous improvement.
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process. Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.