Europe Data Management Analyst, New Client On-boarding - Senior Associate
- Location: Dublin, Leinster, Ireland
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Europe Data Management Analyst, New Client On-boarding - Senior AssociateMain purpose of role:
The Data Migration Business Analyst for New Client On-boarding will lead an agile development team, building and working on enterprise grade software systems on top of Progress 4GL, JAVA and Microsoft .NET development stack for both Windows and Linux. The Software Data Management Analyst will provide technical and team leadership through coaching and mentorship. They will be required to take a hands on, lead role in the managing software development associated with data conversions.
The incumbent will be responsible for new client migrations, supporting the design of new and enhancement of existing migration software and reconciliation reports adhering to the Agile development methodology.
The Data Migration Business Analyst is responsible for liaising with client, previous administrator, project and business teams in order to elicit, analyze, and validate requirements for the data migration work stream of a Transfer Agency conversion project.
Adhering to IFDS development practices, the Data Migration BA will formulate the technical data migration strategy and produce the data migration and mapping artifacts as determined from the Business Requirements provided and through analysis of the data models provided by the client.
The Data Migration BA will also create the technical solution including outlining changes to existing software and/or new API's required in order to meet the desired software solution.
Using the Agile methodology the Data Migration BA will create user stories, tasks and issues within the development backlog. They will also plan and execute how the data will be reconciled. The Data migration BA will intake in coordination with the testing team how the data conversion will be validated and tested to ensure a full understanding of all requirements and expectations. They will document issues within the issue tracking system and participate in sprint planning and monitor their progress and closure with daily SCRUM meetings.
(Please note where Data Migration is used this also refers to image conversions as part of a Transfer Agency conversion project.)
As a member of the Migration technology team, the incumbent will oversee all aspects of the migration software development life cycle. They will engage in daily SCRUM meetings, participate prioritizing backlog work items and sprint planning. They will also provide peripheral support to Sales, Operational Readiness, Operations and various other key stakeholders.
- Interact directly with Clients and their technology shop and/or vendors
- With assistance from the team provide estimates for the technical deliverables within the "Statement of Work"
- Analyze the Data models provided by the client to produce mapping artifact for sign-off
- Work with project leads to understand the requirement and strategy for Data Migration
- Lead the data mapping and produce technical artifacts describing the migration from prior system/s to the new system/s
- Analyze business processes and define the technology based solution in support of rules for execution during the load of data
- Obtaining appropriate sign-off for technical requirements for the data migration
- Identifying options for potential solutions and assessing them for both technical and business suitability
- Analyze and interpret initial dataset for quality and data integrity
- Act as lead for the data migration team in order to accurately and efficiently migrate the incoming data
- Generate the backlog of development tasks, issues impacting the technical migration within the defect tracking system (JIRA)
- Oversee the development backlog by managing development sprints
- Develop Progress 4GL and/or .NET methods in support of the data migration
- Review code generated by the developers to ensure it is aligned with team best practices
- Reporting of progress to Project Manager
- Escalation of risks and issues to Project Manager
- Develop requirement specifications according to standard templates using natural language and/or diagrams
- Create or enhance Data Migration test cases and validation reports
- Oversee the daily software integration test
- Respond to issues raised during User Acceptance Testing phase as required from a Data Migration standpoint
- Participating in dress rehearsal for data migration activities and coordinating the data migration elements of these.
- Conduct post project reviews as needed
- All employees are accountable for the delivery of a Quality service, driving for excellence in all their work activities:
- To be quality driven, aiming for 100% accuracy and timeliness of technical delivery;
- To effectively plan the technical aspects of the migration to ensure quality and client expectations are met
- By engaging with the other Data Migration BA's to participate in the review processes and practices relating to the role and act as a catalyst for change and improvement in individual and team performance;
- To observe proper standards of market, business and personal conduct, demonstrating integrity in the execution of duties;
- To communicate and promote the values which reinforce and support a consistent quality culture.
- To adhere to company values of Professional, Accountable, Client Focused, Excellence and Leadership in all tasks and interactions
Knowledge and Competency Requirements:
- Experience in translating business requirements into technical specifications;
- Strong data analysis skills;
- Strong understanding of object oriented (OO) development principles and practices;
- Strong knowledge of relational database concept;
- Strong knowledge of Progress 4GL and C# or JAVA;
- Good understanding of SQL;
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git/SVN/TFS;
- Proficient in use of issue/defect tracking tools such JIRA, TFS;
- Working knowledge of Continuous Integration principals,
- Experience with SDLC methodologies such as Agile or Waterfall (where Agile is preferred);
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written;
- Strong business analysis experience in financial services or relevant field
- Good organisational and planning skills with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to provide accurate estimates and work to deadlines
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication, interaction and influencing skills
- Well-honed client interaction skills and experience.
- Self- motivated, innovative and analytical.
- Ability to lead a team of fellow developers
- Good understanding of Data Migration, ETL, Testing and Reconciliations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong Presentation and Facilitating skills
- Advanced skills in both Windows and Linux
- Comfortable at interacting with and communicating to all levels of Management.
- Good time management skills.
- Ability to clearly define requirements in significant details.
- Ability to conceptualise business needs into realistic solutions for data mapping
- Ability to create logical and innovative solutions to complex problems
- Ability to engage successfully in multiple initiatives simultaneously
- End to end experience of project lifecycle
- Ability to bridge divides between business requirements and system design
- Flexible to the needs of the business
- Enthusiastic and proactive approach with meticulous attention to detail
- Positive impact - performs in a manner that makes a strong positive impression on others; e.g., high energy level, a problem-solving approach, approachable; and the ability to act with a sense of urgency when required.
- Undergraduate degree.
- Previous data migration experience preferable in financial services
- Professional experience with Clover ETL
- Experience with analysis and project life cycle methodologies as well as an understanding of the implementation project life cycle is preferred.
- Knowledge of compliance, anti-money laundering and regulatory environment.
- Proactive in acquiring information to develop new skills to improve job performance; grasps new material quickly and easily, and applies new information, concepts and procedures in a constructive manner.
- Understanding of investment concepts and the ability to communicate a working knowledge of investment strategies and products
- Knowledge of the mutual fund processing and quality control; call centres and the administrative back-office.