- EUR70000 - EUR80000 per annum + Pension, Healthcare
- Dublin, Leinster, Ireland
- Permanent, Full time
- Huxley Banking & Financial Services
- 24 May 19
My Client are one of the world's largest Pharmaceutical companies with a European base in South Dublin. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Financial Controller to be part of a world renowned global brand.
The Financial controller will work as a key member of the extended site leadership team providing guidance and support on all financial aspects of the business.
The role has a solid functional reporting line into the Director of Finance.
Financial Planning and Analysis
- Work with site management to prepare key financial plans (annual MRP (Mid Range Plan) and three forecasts within the financial year.
- Present MRP to Finance Director and Site Leadership Team.
- Assess and communicate local risks and opportunities in order to anticipate performance variances.
- Support cost accountant in preparation of product standard costs annually.
- With the support of the Shared Services Centre team prepare monthly P&L for the site.
- Prepare and file reporting pack including financial metrics update with commentary and analysis of key deviations for the site.
- Present monthly results to the Finance Director and site Site Leadership Team for review and analysis.
- Complete all actions from review process in a timely manner.
- Engage in full balance sheet review with Shared Services Centre team monthly.
- Drive financial awareness and Financial KPI delivery with local management.
- Prepare appropriate financial analysis of all deviations from financial plans to guide local management decisions and follow through on remediation actions.
- Monitor all financial transactions for the Licensed business and ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Identify and communicate in a timely manner any financial risks exposures observed with this business to Finance Director.
- Prepare business cases in support of new product introduction and significant site investments.
Compliance and Internal control
- Ensure compliance with all corporate guidelines and IFRS.
- Maintain strong internal control systems around company assets.
- Fully support all external audits on site.
Compensation and Benefits - Management Responsibility
- Supervision of payroll and all related benefits administration for the company's 2 sites and analysis of outputs from the payroll process.
- Manage, direct, develop and mentor the Compensation and Benefits Analyst.
- Participate fully in any cross functional training initiatives.
- Actively foster, in cooperation with other leadership staff, an ethos and culture of safety awareness where safety is accepted as an integral part of the overall business. Ensure that Accident Reports / Near Miss Forms are completed in a timely manner after an event.
- Ensure timely completion of all SOP, reading, training and assessment.
- Other duties as required and directed by the Director, Finance or other Officer appointed by the Board of Directors.
- Finance Degree
- CIMA / ACCA / ACA qualification
- Minimum of 5 years Finance Management experience working in manufacturing environment
- Pharmaceutical manufacturing experience is desirable
- Able to work on modern ERP & IT systems and experience with SAP Accounting is essential (ECC6)
- Experience with payroll processing is desirable
- Experience in people management is desirable
- Sound and up to date knowledge of Irish GAAP and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Be highly motivated and possess strong communication skills, both written and verbal. To be a critical thinker with good analytical skills
- Hands-on approach and proven ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Proven ability to influence at all levels within the organisation.
SThree UK and Ireland is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.