Are you an experienced and well-rounded finance professional with a proven track record in Financial Markets? This could be the job for you.
This is an exciting opportunity for you to join our Macquarie Bank Europe ("MBE") Financial Control Commodities and Global Markets team in a leadership role that will see you own and manage the financial affairs of Macquarie Bank Europe, a European regulated bank headquartered in Dublin, with branches in France and Germany.
In this rewarding role, you will gain exposure to senior leaders in Macquarie and will collaborate with key stakeholders in Commodities and Global Markets, Risk, Finance, Tax, Treasury, the C-suite of MBE, and the non-executive directors on the MBE board.
The complexity of the businesses is high, with an increasing focus on the regulatory and taxation obligations at a legal entity level. Volumes continue to increase as the business has been expanding. Communication and business partnering skills as well as strong financial controllership are critical to this role.
In this highly visible role, you will report to the MBE CFO and the EMEA Head of Finance for Commodities and Global Markets. This Dublin-based financial controller will have oversight of legal entity control, financial statements, product control, tax, and statistical regulatory reporting. In each of these components, you will collaborate with, and be supported by, the Financial Management teams in Ireland, the United Kingdom, and other offshore locations.
Other Key Responsibilities will include:
- developing relationships with the businesses to advise on the balance sheet or P&L impact of new products and strategies within MBE
- oversight in implementing controls and financial management of MBE
- working closely with transaction advisory team on accounting assessments and execution in relation to new business transactions
- proactive management of balance sheet and statistical regulatory submissions and returns
- challenge and contextual reviews of MBE results including tax transfer pricing
- managing various stakeholder engagement and communication including with the business and other Financial Management Group teams
- support and manage our offshore team, who perform month end reporting (including tax transfer pricing) and other reviews
- ensuring integrity and completeness of various business' financial records including reconciliations, monthly reporting and operation of accounting processes and policies
- project management to respond to changing regulatory, compliance and financial requirements
To be successful, you will have the confidence, drive, and problem-solving skills to innovate and deliver great outcomes. You will also have:
- A tertiary qualification, preferably in a business/finance/economics or related discipline and with 10 to 15 years' experience in Financial Markets with strong knowledge of derivatives and financial products, preferably in trading businesses
- Prior experience in Audit, Financial Reporting, Regulatory Reporting, and Financial Control, is a key preference
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, including the ability to understand and succinctly explain complex data
- Possess strong attention to detail and be able to identify issues
- highly motivated and flexible team player.
If you are motivated by the opportunity to work in a diverse, high performing team in a growing business, please apply via the link below. About the Financial Management Group
In our Financial Management Group you will be part of a team that provides strategic analysis and advice on capital, funding, liquidity, tax and financial performance to support the growth of Macquarie's businesses around the world. You will join a team that ensures Macquarie continues to meet its financial, regulatory and tax reporting compliance obligations in the jurisdictions in which we operate, and a team that maintains significant relationships on behalf of the Group. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of 'empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future', we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you'll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.