FINANCIAL SERVICES RECRUITMENT
LONDON | NEW YORK
Financial Life Actuary
Our client are looking for an experienced qualified actuary to fill the role of Life Actuary, based in their Ireland office.
Your role will encompass a number of reporting duties related to the company's M+A transactions and Investment Portfolio. Reporting directly to the Actuarial Manager and assisting the Head of Actuarial Function, the role will involve ensuring that the company's investment strategies are in line with Solvency II requirements, through ORSA projections and using internal cash flow models. Your reports will support Group strategic activities, both in Ireland and overseas. The role will also involve financial reporting of the local Irish liabilities and involve supporting Group reporting requirements.
- Assist the HoAF and Actuarial Manager in the financial reporting for Solvency II purposes;
- Assist in portfolio transfer (Section 13) process as required;
- Assist in the production of ORSA projections and associated reporting;
- Contribute to the production of the RSR, SFCR and Annual QRT process;
- Support the continuous enhancement of actuarial processes;
- Ensure that cashflows models are built from scratch, and are appropriate for purpose;
- Ensure that reinsurance reporting/collateral re-balancing are completed in a time efficient manner;
- Effectively manage the team and ensure all key deliverables are met;
- Due Diligence for Merger & Acquisitions and support Group strategic activities.
- Qualified Actuary (FIA or equivalent);
- A proven track record in all aspects of financial reporting for traditional lines of business, including unit-linked and guaranteed business for Solvency II would be beneficial;
- Effective collaboration across a range of stakeholders within and external to the actuarial function;
- Proven track record in a financial reporting role;
- Exhibits self-motivation and drive;
- Takes initiative without the need for approval;
- Effective communication, presentation and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to handle complexity and proven ability to learn new concepts;
- Proficiency in Prophet and/or R3S Modeller would be an advantage;
- Role will be based in Ireland, with travel possible to other Group entities.
- EUR73000 - EUR85000 per annum
- Dublin, Leinster, Ireland
- Permanent, Full time
- Charles Levick