Albany Beck is an award-winning consultancy specialising in Fund Services, Corporate Technology, Risk and Compliance within Financial Services. We work with top tier Investment Banks, Asset Management firms, Hedge Funds and Fintechs.
As an organisation, we are focused on supporting clients with Strategy (including Mergers and platform implementations), Agile Coaching and Transformation, Cloud adoption, Automation, Digital Transformation, KYC remediation and large Regulatory programmes.
- Accurate and timely draft and review of Financial Statements for investment funds assigned (including Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Statement of Changes in Net Assets, Investment Statement, Cash Flow Statements and relevant Note Disclosures, including pertinent ratios)
- Extract and interpret information from financial records of funds
- Ensure adherence to reporting guidelines as they relate to security types, derivative instruments, income accruals, foreign exchange, capital stock, expense accrual, and income and capital gains distributions
- Work with external auditors, consultants, and client to deliver the (un)audited financial statements accurately and per agreed deadline.
- Populate Financial Statement templates for clients in accordance with the disclosure requirements and rules.
- Effectively apply and administer changes to regulations and legislation to service deliverables
- Maintain up‑to‑date knowledge on changes made to GAAP and IFRS as it relates to the financial and tax reporting for mutual, hedge and pool funds.
Working Knowledge of IFRS, UK GAAP and US GAAP is a requirement.
What do you need to succeed?
- Extensive fund reporting or fund accounting experience (where role included management and financial statement preparation)
- Business degree or similar/equivalent
- Regulatory reporting experience
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills.
- Proven organisational and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Good presentation skills
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Excel, Word.
- In depth knowledge of US and UK GAAP and IFRS
- In depth knowledge of UCITS, Derivatives and SICAV’s
- Good working knowledge of different types of Financial Instruments and different accounting treatment.