Fixed Income Portfolio Manager
- Dublin, Leinster, Ireland
- Permanent, Full time
- Mediolanum Asset Management Limited (MAML)
- 12 Jun 18
Portfolio Manager with responsibility for managing the fixed income and credit allocation across a number of total return funds, liquidity funds, Insurance products, and a suite of products within the overall Asset Allocation programme. This encompasses analysing the Macro Environment, recommending appropriate investment strategies and investing across a broad range of fixed income asset classes including but not limited to sovereign, corporates and hybrids securities.
Principal Duties of the position, including but not limited to:
- The management of internal fixed income portfolios (circa €2bn), including investment grade and non-investment grade credit, sovereign bonds (both nominal and index-linked), agency and covered bonds, their analysis, trade implementation and adherence to investment guidelines.
- Contribute and help define the monthly fixed income strategy document covering duration, credit, country and sector outlooks, a key input to portfolio construction and positioning across the fixed income and multi-asset portfolios.
- To help manage the Asset Allocation programme for a suite of mutual funds, oversee the buying and selling of fixed income investments with heavy emphasis on risk management (circa €10bn).
- Employ portfolio hedges of related macro risks as necessary.
- Implement trades and generate orders as required by the business across various asset classes, not solely limited to fixed income, including derivatives, futures, and fx.
- Quantitative and qualitative analysis of macroeconomic environment with the aim of generating a top down view.
- To improve the current investment process including developing and refining models for assessing fixed income assets.
- Work within a collaborative framework and participate in internal weekly meetings freely sharing developments, themes and investment ideas within the Global Macro landscape.
- Respond to ad hoc investment queries, client reporting needs, or internal marketing requests.
- Prepared and comfortable in presenting to internal and external stakeholders in relation to market outlooks, product overviews or investment reports.
- To support the Investment Committee’s evaluations and decisions with ad hoc analysis related to the current or prospective products and to assist with the drafting of appropriate investment guidelines when required.
- Assist with the coaching, development and mentoring of less experienced colleagues, whilst supporting the senior fixed income portfolio manager in all aspects of their role.
This role offers significant scope within a dynamic portfolio management team, covering a wide range of financial assets and regions. The successful candidate can expect to be constantly challenged while the role offers exceptional growth potential.
Skills / competencies
- Strong understanding of fundamental drivers of the macro-economic environment, with an appreciation for investor positioning and technical analysis.
- Ability to provide concise, effective communication of investment themes/ideas to entire investment team within a highly collaborative culture.
- Advanced level Bloomberg and Microsoft Office, programming an advantage.
Qualifications and experience:
- Graduate at Masters level (min. 2.1) in an economics, quantitative or business discipline and preferably with an investment industry qualification (e.g. CFA).
- 3-5 years in investment management with emphasis on fixed income and credit plus macro analysis with a solid track record in multiple asset classes.
- Experience in managing other asset classes an advantage.
- Flexibility in managing across multiple regions.
- Demonstrate an ability to work within a structured, repeatable investment process.