Role and Responsibilities
The management of internal fixed income portfolios, including investment grade and non-investment grade credit, sovereign bonds (both nominal and index-linked), agency and covered bonds, their analysis, trade implementation and adherence to investment guidelines.
• Contribute and help define the monthly fixed income strategy document covering duration, credit, country and sector outlooks, a key input to portfolio construction and positioning across the fixed income and multi-asset portfolios.
• To help manage the Asset Allocation programme for a suite of mutual funds, oversee the buying and selling of fixed income investments with heavy emphasis on risk management.
• Employ portfolio hedges of related macro risks as necessary.
• Implement trades and generate orders as required by the business across various asset classes, not solely limited to fixed income, including derivatives, futures, and fx.
• Quantitative and qualitative analysis of macroeconomic environment with the aim of generating a top down view.
• Work within a collaborative framework and participate in internal weekly meetings freely sharing developments, themes and investment ideas within the Global Macro landscape.
• Respond to ad hoc investment queries, client reporting needs, or internal marketing requests.
• Prepared and comfortable in presenting to internal and external stakeholders in relation to market outlooks, product overviews or investment reports.
• To support the Investment Committee’s evaluations and decisions with ad hoc analysis related to the current or prospective products and to assist with the drafting of appropriate investment guidelines when required.
• Assist with the coaching, development and mentoring of less experienced colleagues, whilst supporting the senior fixed income portfolio manager in all aspects of their role.
To discuss this opportunity further and to obtain a full job spec, please contact Niamh O'Sullivan/ Melissa Lam for a private & confidential conversation.