Redstone Commodity Search focus on offering 360° search solutions to the global commodities markets. With a competitive coverage of Trading Houses, Producers, Majors, Utilities, Merchants, Hedge Funds, Investment Banks and Brokerages; Redstone Commodity Search can confidently offer you an edge in today’s volatile market.
Redstone Commodity Search are working with a Trading and Services Company trading in the European energy markets looking to hire a senior analyst/trader to join the commercial team in Dublin.
Key Responsibilities / Tasks
- Responsible for/in charge of building and maintaining the European stack models to forecast the forward power prices.
- You will need to source reliable data for the models and back-test the models.
- Originate, develop, and deploy trading strategies. Progressing into a lead forward trader on the European market.
- Relevant market knowledge: European Gas, Power and Carbon markets.
- Reports into Group Managing Director.
Key Qualifications / Experience
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in quantitative analysis/ trading role with experience building stack models
- Prior experience building European stack models to forecast power prices. Will suit a quantitative analyst looking to progress into forward trading.
- Proven track record of identifying profitable strategies and building accurate models.
- Excellent numeric and analytical ability. Prior trading experience trading the European power and gas (forward curve) is desirable but not a requirement.
- Located in Dublin, Ireland. Remote working is an option.