is a leading global provider of asset management and investment technology solutions. The company's innovative solutions help corporations, financial institutions, financial advisors, and affluent families create and manage wealth. SEI is a people focused organization which encourages and recognizes employee development as being a critical component in the provision of excellent client service. An open, collaborative and detail oriented environment underpins this business objective. Position Description:
The Fund Accounting Supervisor
is responsible for ensuring the successful and accurate completion of the accounting and administrative servicing requirements for various alternative and/or mutual fund products and structures for assigned funds. The Fund Accounting Supervisor will be responsible for supervising, coaching and assisting the staff in successfully completing the daily, weekly and monthly deliverables in the Fund Accounting Department. This individual will be responsible for ensuring premier client service standards are achieved within specified deadlines and according to best practice operations. What you'll do:
What you bring to the table:
- Serve as main daily client operational contact for a range of clients;
- Ensure all established daily fund accounting processing procedures and controls are completed accurately and in a timely manner;
- Supervise staff accountants on systems, processing, procedures and job responsibilities;
- Train, coach and mentor new employees, develop and motivate staff within their sub-unit.
- Provide input and feedback to Managers regarding employees' ongoing performance / development / performance appraisals;
- Work with Manager to ensure employees adhere to company policies and procedures;
- Prepare monthly revenue for assigned funds;
- Prepare and monitor expense budget analysis;
- Review and approve daily work performed by fund accountants;
- Review, approve and assist with preparation of month-end valuation;
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of offshore and domestic fund accounting requirements for alternative and / or mutual funds;
- Problem and error and query resolution on a timely basis (with documentation);
- Meet client month-end valuation and reporting deliverables;
- Evaluate, write and discuss employees' performance appraisals;
- Ability to cover all funds within the team when required;
- Enforce adherence to service standards and specified deadlines;
- Idea generation and ongoing assessment and improvement of operational service model;
- Maintain a good working relationship with external clients as well as with internal relationship managers and other business units within SEI;
- Assist in the development and implementation of departmental procedures;
- Carry out all duties assigned to your role under the Company's Safety Statement, to ensure Health, Safety and Well-being for all employees for whom you have responsibility;
- Work on Projects / Adhoc tasks as required.
Attributes we value:
- 3 to 5 years fund accounting background with experience in Alternatives / Mutual Funds
- Experience in supervisory skills and/or coaching / mentoring
- Knowledge and expertise of the Sungard InvestOne/ Investier system a plus
- Knowledge and expertise of the Advent Geneva system a plus
- Knowledge of Investment (Financial) Services industry in Europe
- Knowledge of Anti-Money Laundering requirements
Benefits you can expect:
- Project management experience
- Proven Supervisory experience
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service skills and attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise work and manage time to maximize efficiency and to meet strict deadlines.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Fluency in English Language (both verbal and written) essential.
- Individual who takes initiative, ownership and accountability of assigned responsibilities.
- Team player with positive 'can do' attitude with excellent problem solving skills.
Benefits include healthcare for yourself, your spouse and any dependents under 18 years old. Life Assurance & Group Income Protection. Education Assistance, Sports Club Membership, Tax Saver Travel Benefits, Paid Parental Leave, 2 Paid Volunteer Days per year, Employee Share Participation Scheme and Competitive Annual Leave Entitlement. SEI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and so much more...
We recognize that our people are our most valuable asset and are (literally) invested in your success; we know that a healthy, happy and motivated workforce is key to our continued growth. We are focused on ensuring a healthy work-life balance and offer our employees benefits which include private medical care for you and your family, educational assistance scheme and actively encourage work life balance.