PIMCO is a global leader in active fixed income. With our launch in 1971 in Newport Beach, California, PIMCO introduced investors to a total return approach to fixed income investing. In the 50+ years since, we have worked relentlessly to help millions of investors pursue their objectives - regardless of shifting marketing conditions. As active investors, our goal is not just to find opportunities, but to create them. To this end, we remain firmly committed to the pursuit of our mission: delivering superior investment returns, solutions, and service to our clients.
Since 1971, our people have shaped our organization through a high-performance inclusive culture, in which we celebrate diverse thinking. We invest in our people and strive to imprint our CORE values of Collaboration, Openness, Responsibility and Excellence. We believe each of us is here to help others succeed and this has led to PIMCO being recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients. Position Description:
PIMCO is looking for a talented Funds Compliance Officer to provide support for its Irish fund range. The funds are mostly UCITS, with some liquid AIFs. They are managed by a Management Company domiciled in Ireland. They are distributed across the world.
The Funds Compliance Officer will advise on and monitor compliance with the laws and regulations governing the funds and their Management Company. This is a wide-ranging role covering all compliance topics related to the funds.
Activities covered by the role include but are not limited to:
- Implement the Fund Compliance Oversight Programme; Conduct monitoring activities in accordance with the compliance monitoring plan, document results and propose enhancements as needed;
- Review, and where necessary draft and implement relevant compliance policies and procedures;
- Provide compliance input into the oversight of the funds' delegates (e.g. Fund Administrators. Investment Advisers, Distributors and Sub-Distributors);
- Review breaches, liaise with the Depositary and advise on the resolution;
- Support with the implementation of the compliance training plan;
- Provide regulatory advice to the business as needed;
- Prepare management information such as Designated Person and Board reports;
- Provide input in fund compliance projects as needed;
- Collaborate with Compliance departments across the globe and participate in various group projects, as needed.
- The role will report to the designated Compliance Officer of the Management Company.
At least 5 years of relevant experience (investment manager's compliance or risk functions, or audit/consulting experience in investment management);
The candidate will be expected to have a strong knowledge in a majority of the following subjects:
- UCITS and AIFMD requirements;
- Fund governance / CP86;
- Investor protection;
- Product governance;
- Conflicts of interest.
- Experience with performing monitoring activities, audits or other forms of reviews requiring critical thinking and judgment is required;
- Self-starter with an ability to work effectively in a fast paced and evolving environment;
- Experience with the preparation of senior management reports is desirable;
- Overall good communication, time management and delivery skills are required;
- The role involves ongoing coordination with other compliance team members, numerous business units and external parties.
PIMCO is an equal opportunity employer.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
PIMCO recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), age, military or veteran status, disability (physical or mental), any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other basis such as medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws.
Applicants with Disabilities
PIMCO is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including veterans, in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system due to a disability and you would like to request an accommodation, you may contact us at 949-720-7744 and leave a message. This is a dedicated line designed exclusively to assist job seekers with disabilities to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to two business days.