PIMCO is a global leader in active fixed income with deep expertise across public and private markets. We invest our clients' capital across a range of fixed income and credit opportunities, leveraging our decades of experience navigating complex debt markets. Our flexible capital base and deep relationships with issuers have helped us become one of the world's largest providers of traditional and nontraditional solutions for companies that need financing and investors who seek strong risk-adjusted returns.
Since 1971, our people have shaped our organization through a high-performance inclusive culture, in which we celebrate diverse thinking. We invest in our people and strive to imprint our CORE values of Collaboration, Openness, Responsibility and Excellence. We believe each of us is here to help others succeed and this has led to PIMCO being recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients. Overview
The main purpose of the role is to serve as a European Tax resource for the Firm's global asset management business and support in identifying & managing global tax issues related to trading activities & fund operations.
Reporting into the European Tax Manager based in London, the primary responsibility will be to manage European tax matters for the Firm's various European-based fund platforms (the "Funds"). In addition, the successful candidate will work with the global tax team to service the Firm's other global tax needs. The role will also support other functions in the Fund Administration group including Financial Reporting, Treasury, Fund Accounting, Finance & Vendor Oversight. Responsibilities
- Assist in overseeing external service providers that provide all country-specific tax reporting for the Funds (UK, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, and Belgium)
- Respond to routine internal tax queries from investment professionals in Portfolio, Account and Product Management
- Support the Funds' tax filings prepared by external service providers
- Work closely with Legal, Compliance and Business Management on relevant tax matters
- Provide daily support for the global trading desks, providing real-time advice on foreign taxes impacting trade
- Research foreign market tax laws and manage external consultants on research projects
- Monitor developments in global markets and coordinate firm-wide tax alerts with other global tax team professionals
- Help on the preparation of Annual Report and Semi-Annual Report including working with the auditor
- 3+ years of Tax experience in the financial services industry - previous Big 4 experience advantageous
- Broad knowledge of European tax law and European regulation is required. Understanding of funds, securities and derivatives is strongly preferred
- GAAP and Audit experience is not required but is a plus
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Visio skills preferred, but not required
- Risk and control mindset
- Ability to learn and apply new skills, communicate effectively with all levels of management and have superior organizational management
- A proven self-starter who must be able to work independently and prioritize amongst multiple projects
- Keen learner with an inquisitive mindset
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
PIMCO recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), age, military or veteran status, disability (physical or mental), any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other basis such as medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws.
Applicants with Disabilities
PIMCO is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including veterans, in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system due to a disability and you would like to request an accommodation, you may contact us at 949-720-7744 and leave a message. This is a dedicated line designed exclusively to assist job seekers with disabilities to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to two business days.