Group Treasury Capital Executive
We are looking for an analyst or executive with your experience to join the Group Treasury team based in Dublin to assist with Macquarie's European operations. You will be primarily supporting the EMEA Group Treasury Capital Team and also providing support to the Group Treasury Markets team's European activities.
Your focus will be on the capital management of Macquarie's European Credit Institution domiciled in Ireland, while working closely with the London-based Group Treasury Capital team. . You will be supporting in the maintenance of capital and setting the capital strategy of the entity, production of the Internal Capital Adequacy Assessment Process (ICAAP) and maintenance of capital management framework. You will also have an opportunity for exposure to wider capital management activities, within Macquarie's European operations.
You will also support the Group Treasury Markets team, including monitoring and reporting on the funding and liquidity position of Macquarie's European Credit Institution domiciled in Ireland and Macquarie's European entities. You will be helping to determine actions to ensure ongoing compliance with associated internal and regulatory requirements, along with an opportunity to input into a range of Markets-related policies and projects in Europe. In addition, you will liaise closely with Macquarie's European Businesses and the global Group Treasury team and be involved in determining Macquarie's liquidity requirements in key entities, and assisting in the management of capacity, and developing analytics to support investment decisions as part of its liquidity management activities.
As part of a small, specialised team in EMEA, the role provides the opportunity to gain broad exposure to Treasury activities across both capital and markets as well as the activities of Macquarie operating in the EMEA region and to build close relationships with these businesses and other support functions.
Your role will involve both capital management and markets and liquidity management.
- supporting in the production and coordination of the ICAAP documents, working closely with EMEA-based Group Treasury colleagues. This includes project planning and dealing with stakeholders across a wide variety of teams within Macquarie including support functions and Macquarie's business divisions
- supporting in the capital management of Macquarie's EMEA regulated entities, including maintenance of capital management framework documentation
- maintaining the capital management governance framework, including providing reporting to regional committees and Boards
- recommending capital target levels and monitoring daily capital adequacy
- monitoring developments in European prudential standards, producing impact analysis and implementation of regulatory change and other regulatory change initiatives
- monitoring and oversight of capital adequacy, large exposures and leverage with internal and regulatory requirements, and providing recommendations
- review business proposals in the region to help identify and address the impact on capital requirements for local entities and liaise within the team and other support functions to ensure these are considered for regulatory reporting and capital management purposes
- support in function of governance arrangements (e.g., Asset and Liability Committee).
Markets and liquidity management:
- providing support to manage liquidity and regulatory metrics in Macquarie Bank Europe, including ensuring that Macquarie Bank Europe complies with all applicable regulatory requirements, and recommend actions to senior management daily
- close engagement liaison with key Macquarie business units to understand upcoming funding requirements and to communicate and advise on available capacity and pricing
- assist the Senior Treasury Manager with market execution and liquidity management utilising FX and fixed income products.
To be successful in this role, you will have the confidence, drive and problem-solving skills to innovate and deliver great outcomes. You will also be commercially oriented and be interested in financial markets.
You will also have:
- have a tertiary qualification, preferably in a business/finance/economics/mathematics or related discipline and with 2 - 4 years' experience within banking and finance, preferably in a role within treasury, prudential risk, or regulatory
- be aware of and have a high level understanding of capital adequacy regulations (e.g. Basel accord, EU prudential regimes including Basel, CRD / CRR, and the Pillar 2 / ICAAP framework). Given Macquarie's regulatory footprint in EMEA, you will also be willing to work on a variety of regulated entities in EMEA, local rules and regulatory topics
- have a willingness to understand, analyse and implement upcoming changes to regulatory regimes related to capital management and capital planning
- an ability to think critically and conceptualise abstract ideas and have strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with a strong attention to detail
- have strong numeric skills, in order to monitor and critically assess financial information with strong excel skills
- be able to adapt to different environments, be able to prioritise conflicting demands and make decisions
- be an organised, highly motivated and flexible team player, willing to collaborate with a broad range of stakeholders including with global Group Treasury colleagues
- be able to manage tight deadlines and manage projects / stakeholders with multiple dependencies.
- ideally some experience in a market facing role however this is not a pre-requisite. Training will be provided, and the candidate must be willing to gain exposure to the market-facing part of the role including execution of the entity's liquidity requirements. This is a Controlled Function role under the Fitness and Probity Regulations.
If this sounds like an interesting opportunity to you, then please apply now! About the Financial Management Group
The Financial Management Group provides financial, tax and treasury services to all areas of Macquarie. The group is focused on providing strategic analysis and advice to Macquarie's businesses and senior management, managing Macquarie's funding, liquidity and capital position, ensuring Macquarie continues to meet regulatory and compliance obligations and managing Macquarie's corporate affairs. Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and an inclusive workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of 'empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future', we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you'll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.