PIMCO is a global leader in active fixed income. With our launch in 1971 in Newport Beach, California, PIMCO introduced investors to a total return approach to fixed income investing. In the 50+ years since, we have worked relentlessly to help millions of investors pursue their objectives - regardless of shifting marketing conditions. As active investors, our goal is not just to find opportunities, but to create them. To this end, we remain firmly committed to the pursuit of our mission: delivering superior investment returns, solutions, and service to our clients.
Since 1971, our people have shaped our organization through a high-performance inclusive culture, in which we celebrate diverse thinking. We invest in our people and strive to imprint our CORE values of Collaboration, Openness, Responsibility and Excellence. We believe each of us is here to help others succeed and this has led to PIMCO being recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO Human Resources is seeking a Data Operations Manager to be a key member of the Total Rewards - People Operations team. This role will primarily be responsible for providing exceptional support with respect to HR system processes and operational activities with a key focus on data governance and integrity while executing transactions. The Data Operations Manager will assist with complex process and data management, drive global consistency and compliance in workforce data processes and reporting in HR's Core HCM (Workday), ensure data accuracy and monitor completion of global processes. This role will also provide guidance to the team as it relates to Workday business processes and have the opportunity to work cross-functionally across the HR organization and gain foundational knowledge to further develop and grow into other areas of HR.
Data & Systems Management
- Manage support requests from employees and global HR colleagues using PIMCO's case management system (ServiceNow)
- Partner with the People Analytics and Workday HR teams to establish processes that ensure proper data governance, accuracy and completeness
- Support the overall Workday data operations ensuring adherence to data quality metrics and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) by establishing standard operating procedures and best practices/play books
- Ensure a seamless end-to-end HR system business process delivery
- Assist with development and implementation strategies to create effective and efficient HR business processes to include Hire, Onboarding, ad-hoc employee transactions and terminations
- Regularly review and troubleshoot processes and HR data to identify opportunities for further improvement
- Leverage technical skills to propose process improvements, expand reporting capabilities and automate tasks leveraging technology where applicable
- Support the creation and documentation of content related to processes and standard operating procedures
- Partner with People Operations Leadership team to identify challenges and proactively implement solutions to key pain points
- Contribute positively to a knowledge-shar ing environment by documenting and sharing all relevant working experiences with issue resolution for knowledge database future reference Employee Experience and Projects
- Interact and interface with employees and global HR teams as applicable in relation to the activities and dependencies of the role
- Take on and be part of projects that increase engagement, development and play a role in creating a positive impact to the employee experience
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with employees, various stakeholders and team members
- Develop credibility and trust and build mutually respected relationships with the People Operations team, across global HR colleagues, employees and other stakeholders
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/univer sity
- Must be proficient in Excel
- Excellent technology skills, specifically Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
Knowledge and Skills
- 5+ years experience with Data Operations
- 3+ years experience with Workday HCM (preferred)
- 1+ years experience with ServiceNow (preferred)
- Proficient analytical and time management skills
- Delivers a high level exceptional client service to employees, HR colleagues and others
- Completes tasks with accuracy and speed and has strong ability to handle confidential information with discretion and maturity
- Has excellent problem solving skills with a client-service mindset
- Prioritizes workload independently, self-motivated and able to handle tasks with supervision
- Able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, energetic and ever-evolving environment
- Maintains a high degree of professionalis m, able to interface with all levels of the firm and preserves confidentialit y in sensitive matters
- Possesses a proactive approach to accomplishing work, high attention to detail, accuracy, has immaculate follow up, and strong organizational skills
- Demonstrates the flexibility to meet business needs with a focus on achieving results
- Has strong interpersonal skills and ability to network with various business groups and external stakeholders
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills Proactive, results driven, open to feedback and overall a collaborative team player
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
PIMCO recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), age, military or veteran status, disability (physical or mental), any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other basis such as medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws.
Applicants with Disabilities
PIMCO is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including veterans, in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system due to a disability and you would like to request an accommodation, you may contact us at 949-720-7744 and leave a message. This is a dedicated line designed exclusively to assist job seekers with disabilities to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to two business days.