Leading Financial Services Group have an excellent opportunity for a Head of Risk to join them on a permanent basis.
The Head of Risk will lead the Risk Function in providing independent oversight in respect of all aspects of risk management in the group, and be a key member of the Senior Management Team esponsible for the delivery of the strategic objectives.
- Lead and maintain an effective risk management regime and foster an appropriate risk culture within the Group.
- Recommend, implement and maintain the Group's Risk Management Policy and Framework, Risk Appetite Statement and associated policies in line with the company’s strategic objectives and appropriate best risk management practice.
- Lead effective 2nd line independent oversight and challenge to decisions that affect the organisation’s exposure to risk (credit, operational, financial and reputational risk).
- Lead the independent review and challenge of credit applications, and preparation of credit risk assessments for lending and guarantee proposals
- Risk reporting and recommendations to relevant stakeholders
- Maintain vigilance for any adverse developments
- Provide subject matter expertise on risk management activities.
- Support the development and implementation of the Group’s strategy.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Third-level qualification
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience working in a relevant role in credit risk, financial risk or enterprise risk management.
- Excellent understanding and experience of risk, finance, audit
- Ability to lead and develop a team with diverse backgrounds and skillsets.
- Ability to understand and assimilate complex financial issues.
- ability to influence and negotiate at senior levels.
Please apply for more details or contact Melissa at email@example.com for a confidential conversation.