Barings is looking to hire a Head of AML for their Baring International Fund Managers (Ireland) Limited entity based in Dublin.
Job Title: Head of AML
Corporate Title: Associate Director
Reports to: Head of Compliance Ireland
Location: Dublin, Ireland
- To ensure there is a robust AML and CTF framework in place for Baring International Fund Managers (Ireland) Limited (“BIFMI”) and it’s Irish and Luxembourg fund ranges.
- Act as MLRO for BIFMI and Irish domiciled funds; and RC for Luxembourg domiciled funds.
- Pre-approved Controlled Function: PCF-52 (Head of AML and CTF Compliance)
- AML Policies: maintainance of suitable AML policies for BIFMI and Irish / Luxembourg funds.
- Produce quarterly MLRO reports for BIFMI and Irish fund range.
- Produce quarterly RC reports for Luxembourg fund range.
- Review CBI guidance and fines, enforcement actions and regulatory developments in relation to AML and CTF, and ensure any required changes are implemented effectively.
- Ensure relevant MI and reporting is produced for relevant committees and boards.
- Work with the Financial Crime Team in London as required in relation to AML reviews and testing.
- Work with the Global Head of Financial Crime (based in the US) to ensure a robust sanctions framework is maintained, along with other global initiatives.
- Oversee fund administrators in Ireland and Luxembourg, from an AML / CTF perspective, including annual due diligence, sample testing and regular service level calls.
- Conduct annual AML risk assessments on BIFMI and the Irish / Luxembourg fund ranges.
- Ensure all relevant regulatory reporting is undertaken as required.
- Ensure all staff and BIFMI directors receive AML / CTF training as required (at least annually).
- Responsible for preparation and co-ordination of CBI visits / surveys, requests in relation to AML / CTF.
- Provide support and cover where necessary to the Head of Compliance in Ireland.
- Degree educated with significant experience gained within the compliance / AML function
- Previous experience within a compliance / AML function is essential
- Irish and/or Luxembourg fund industry experience is essential
- Good leadership and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrable experience of positively engaging with (internal and external) clients/stakeholders.
- Collaborative, proactive and solution orientated.
- Good communication skills with the ability to explain complex items in a simple manner.
- Demonstrable problem solving and decision making skills
- Self-starter with an ability to manage workloads effectively