Head of Compliance & MLRO – Asset Management
- €140K - €160K + bonus & benefits
- Dublin, Leinster, Ireland
- Permanent, Full time
- Compliance Recruitment Solutions
- 24 Apr 19
Our Client, a leading US Asset Manager, is looking for a Head of Compliance & MLRO for their newly created European business based in Dublin. You will have primary responsibility for the development and operation of the Company's permanent and independent compliance function. Reporting to the CEO, duties will include:
• Management of the Compliance department including recruitment and supervision of staff, allocation of resources and oversight of budget.
• Advising and liaising with management and staff throughout the business on compliance and regulatory issues and their obligations.
• Developing and maintaining compliance policies and procedures to ensure the firm adheres to its regulatory requirements in Ireland and Europe.
• Key contact for liaison with regulators (CBI, ESMA) and maintaining a good relationship with all regulators, ensuring regulatory permissions remain current and appropriate for business needs.
• Implementation and conducting all compliance surveillance and monitoring activities.
• Keeping abreast of regulatory developments and industry initiatives and advising the firm accordingly.
• MLRO for the firm, ensuring business activities are conducted in conformity with applicable AML laws, regulations and internal policies and procedures.
The successful candidate must have gained significant senior Asset Management Compliance experience ideally with some exposure to UCITs and/or segregated mandates and should either currently hold a PCF15 or be a deputy ready and willing to take this responsibility for the first time.
This is a very visible, influential and independent role and as such requires the candidate to not only be technically strong but also to have exceptional interpersonal and influencing skills. You will also have the ability to present complex technical information clearly and accurately and to manage senior level relationships with internal and external parties including the regulators.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced and talented senior compliance practitioner to join the newly created Irish Arm of a multi-billion dollar US Asset Manager in a position that will be technically challenging but also allow you the autonomy to develop the Compliance Function in your style and ensure that a strong and supportive compliance culture exists and is maintained throughout the business.
So if you are keen to be part of something new and exciting and believe you have the breadth of technical knowledge and self-drive to take ownership of this role then please contact Gary Collins on 020 7562 7400 for a confidential discussion about this position or send your details to firstname.lastname@example.org