Our client is a growing European Funds/ Asset Management organisation who are expanding their Dublin based team and seeking a Head of Internal Audit. The role offers a unique opportunity to work with a broad scope in a small and international organization, where cooperation and focus on the company goals are key features for covering the role.
About the Role:
The Head of Internal Audit assists in managing the risk based audit plan so that the audit work fulfills its purposes and the audit work conforms to company policies and the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
- to establish, implement and maintain an audit plan (to be approved by the Board), to assess the adequacy and effectiveness of the Company’s systems, internal control mechanisms and arrangements, including those of the Funds
- to issue recommendations based on the results of work carried out in accordance with the audit plan
- to verify compliance with the recommendations referred above
- to report on internal audit matters to the Board.
The Head of Internal Audit reports to the Board and provides a formal report to the Board in relation to:
- the Company’s audit plan (to be approved by the Board);
- summary of audit reports with less than adequate rating;
- details of open substantive audit issues status;
- details of audit issues which failed audit action verification; and
- the evaluation of the Company’s internal control system.
- Minimum of 5+ years relevant Internal Audit Experience in the Asset Management (preferably) or Banking area
- Strong knowledge of financial products and financial markets;
- Ability to work in a "Hands On" / "Start up" style environment
- Bachelor degree;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong planning, problem solving;
- Well organized with strong time management skills;
- Be enthusiastic and eager to learn, self-starter.