The Vacancy OVERALL SUMMARY
At Close Brothers we look to recruit individuals from all different backgrounds and encourage you to apply even if you don't tick every box. We celebrate diversity, promote inclusivity and are open to discuss flexible work options to help you balance your work and home life.
The Head of Marketing is responsible for developing, coordinating, and executing the multi-channel marketing strategy for Bluestone Motor Finance (Ireland) DAC, an innovative motor finance provider who was recently bought by the Close Brothers Group.
Close Brothers is a UK based merchant bank providing lending, deposit taking, wealth management services and securities trading.
This role will be based in Bluestone's head office in Dublin, reporting into the Managing Director. The head of marketing will sit on the senior leadership team and will work closely with the UK based Retail Marketing Director and the UK based Retail Marketing team. Some travel to the UK will be required. RESPONSIBILITIES
Developing Our People:
- Define and deliver the brand and marketing strategy for Bluestone Motor Finance (Ireland)
- Develop Bluestone's marketing channels ensuring they are best suited to its customers and partners. These channels include but are not limited to: PR, web, digital, print, events, sponsorship, and point of sale
- Work closely with Sales and Operations Team to ensure marketing initiatives and campaigns positively influence dealer and customer satisfaction
- Research, analyse and evaluate the competitive market environment. Monitor threats and opportunities and amend actions where necessary to ensure brand development
- Produce valuable and engaging multi-channel content tailored for all audiences
- Build strategic relationships with external suppliers including agencies, technology providers, website publishers and affiliate networks, in order to maximise the value they deliver to the business. This includes responsibility for selecting and negotiating with any future relationships
- Support the development of new product initiatives, or transformational programmes, taking responsibility for marketing and promotional activities
- Grow reach, engagement and loyalty of followers on social websites (e.g. LinkedIn, Google+, YouTube), maximising commercial opportunities from these environments
- Develop the PR approach and look for appropriate sponsorship opportunities to best position and grow the brand.
- Identify opportunities to enhance online marketing performance through further platform development, and develop business requirements together with IT team for implementation of these enhancements
- Oversee event activity, taking responsibility for all logistical arrangements, ensuring sales support materials are provided and supporting marketing campaigns deliver measurable value
- Build appropriate metrics to understand and measure marketing activity to prove activity value. Ensure marketing activities have clear measurable outcomes
- Manage and control all marketing budgets
- Own the marketing risk and controls framework
- Ensure that all legal and regulatory requirements are adhered to
- Drive a culture of delivering good customer outcomes
- Be subject matter expert within the business, keeping abreast of and communicating to internal stakeholders key trends and developments in digital advertising, including benchmarking of customer strategies
as a line manager, you will be responsible for inspiring and motivating your team, as well as developing performance through coaching. You will encourage your team to take responsibility for their own personal development and provide support through regular feedback. WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU IF YOU HAVE/ARE:
- Strong marketing expertise, with real success and experience in digital marketing, and in growing brands within a fast paced consumer and B2B environment in financial services.
- Detailed knowledge of relevant legislation including DPA and GDPR.
- Experience of using Content Management systems (e.g. Drupal) and ECRM systems (e.g. Dotmailer).
- Proven track record in delivering exceptional results in a performance-based environment.
- Experience of negotiation and management of external agencies at a senior level.
- Ability to develop strategies from scratch, with outstanding attention to detail in order to turn these into plans and then push projects through to execution.
- Creative thinker with ability to develop new concepts and adapt to the ever-changing digital landscape.
- Highly organised, proactive and able to manage own time - a proficient multi-tasker.
- Outstanding analytical skills, with experience is using Google Analytics to produce detailed reporting on all marketing activity.
- Excellent communication skills with high standard of verbal and written English.
- Willingness to learn, enthusiasm, infectious energy and ambition to progress within a marketing or commercial career.
We are an inclusive organisation and committed to ensuring our recruitment process is as accessible as possible to everyone. We will make adjustments for people who have a disability or long-term condition. If you need the job description or application form in an alternative format or would like to discuss the recruitment process with us, please email us at email@example.com or request a call back. ABOUT US
For roles offering hybrid working: At Close Brothers we support employees to balance their work life priorities and in this role you will be able to enjoy a mixture of hybrid working.
Close Brothers is a leading UK merchant banking group providing lending, deposit taking, wealth management services and securities trading. At Close Brothers we provide financial support and advice to small businesses and individuals in the UK. Our purpose is to help the people and businesses of Britain thrive over the long term. To find out more about Close Brothers, please visit our careers page:
https://www.closebrothers.com/careers To find out more about life at Close Brothers:
https://www.closebrothers.com/life-close-brothers#374017299-899295541 To find out more about our benefits:
https://www.closebrothers.com/employee-benefits To find out more about our commitment to creating an inclusive environment: