PIMCO is a global leader in active fixed income. With our launch in 1971 in Newport Beach, California, PIMCO introduced investors to a total return approach to fixed income investing. In the 50+ years since, we have worked relentlessly to help millions of investors pursue their objectives - regardless of shifting marketing conditions. As active investors, our goal is not just to find opportunities, but to create them. To this end, we remain firmly committed to the pursuit of our mission: delivering superior investment returns, solutions, and service to our clients.
Since 1971, our people have shaped our organization through a high-performance inclusive culture, in which we celebrate diverse thinking. We invest in our people and strive to imprint our CORE values of Collaboration, Openness, Responsibility and Excellence. We believe each of us is here to help others succeed and this has led to PIMCO being recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients. Position Overview
PIMCO is looking for a talented Funds Compliance Officer to be the Designated Person responsible for Regulatory Compliance for its Irish Funds range. The Funds are mostly UCITS, with some liquid AIFs. They are handled by a Management Company domiciled in Ireland and are distributed in countries around the world. The Funds Compliance Officer will advise on and monitor compliance with the laws and regulations governing the Funds and its Management Company. This is a wide-ranging role covering all compliance topics related to the Funds. The role covers the following matters:
- As the DP for Regulatory Compliance the role holder is responsible for ensuring that the required policies, procedures, internal organisation, systems and controls are in place in order to follow the relevant legislation and regulations.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of the compliance oversight programme for the Funds.
- Oversee, coordinate and, where required, conduct monitoring activities in accordance with the compliance monitoring plan.
- Review, and where necessary draft and implement relevant compliance policies and procedures.
- Direct and coordinate compliance input into the oversight of the Funds' delegates (e.g. Fund Administrators and Investment Advisers).
- Review rule breaches, liaise with the Depository and advise on the resolution.
- Advise and assist with the implementation of the compliance training plan.
- Provide regulatory advice to the business as needed.
- Coordinate with global counterparts to develop and improve fund related compliance processes and establish globally consistent standards of fund compliance.
The role will report to Chief Executive of the Management Company and to the Head of Regulatory Compliance for EMEA. Position Requirements
- At least 5 years of relevant fund compliance experience preferably at a senior level;
- Ideally the candidate should have strong subject matter knowledge, experience and skills in the following areas:
- UCITS and AIFMD requirements
- Fund governance / CP86 Investor protection
- Product governance
- Conflicts of interest
- Monitoring activities, audits or other forms of reviews requiring critical thinking and judgment;
- Communication skills up to senior audiences;
- Experience in a global organization with extensive global coordination and leveraging of global processes;
- Ability to work collaboratively with various business units both locally and globally
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
PIMCO recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), age, military or veteran status, disability (physical or mental), any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other basis such as medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws.
Applicants with Disabilities
PIMCO is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including veterans, in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system due to a disability and you would like to request an accommodation, you may contact us at 949-720-7744 and leave a message. This is a dedicated line designed exclusively to assist job seekers with disabilities to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to two business days.