Head of Risk
As Head of Risk, the successful candidate, in conjunction with the CRO, will be responsible for ensuring the maturity of the risk governance programme & all related risk governance activities. You will ensure adherence to the enterprise risk management framework for risk policies, standards and practices and serve as a point of escalation for governance and risk issues working closely with business leaders to improve the quality and value of core data assets. You will respond to regulatory requirements supporting strategic requirements. In collaboration with management, this role will lead in the identification, assessment, monitoring and reporting on enterprise-wide risks.
This position will suit somebody with an Insurance, Banking and/or Fund Management background who is comfortable leading and implementing a Data Quality & Governance 'change' agenda across a multitude of business units through a matrix reporting structure. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to play a leading role in the implementation of a best-in-class solution for a key enabler of our business strategy going forward.
The Risk Function is currently split into four teams as follows: Investment Risk Management, Operational Risk, Enterprise-wide reporting and Insurance Risk Management. Duties
• Management of the risk function;
• Oversee the execution of all risk governance activities with a view to improving the sophistication of our risk control framework;
• Key point of escalation for risk governance and data quality issues, liaising between the business and technology to ensure that risk related business requirements are clearly defined, communicated and understood ensuring operational effectiveness;
• Support effective sound and effective risk governance across the business;
• Data Quality Process management in line with the Data Governance Framework ensuring quality improvements, modification as necessary to behaviour, processes, related tools and data architecture;
• Foster a positive risk culture across business units;
• Drive strong collaboration between business areas and the risk function;
• To keep up to date with emerging best practice in this area and update our internal framework as appropriate;
• Ad hoc projects/tasks as required. Skills & Competencies
• Analytical mindset and strong attention to detail;
• Action and Results Orientated;
• In-depth knowledge of industry data quality and data governance best practices;
• Proven practical knowledge of and experience in Data & Analytics technologies, best practice models and project delivery methodologies;
• Deep and eager interest in emerging technologies, and the ability to leverage those technologies to deliver innovative and value add solutions to our end-clients;
• Ability to develop and manage relationships both internally and externally.
• An appropriate proficiency in IT & Project Management skills. Qualifications & Experience
• Relevant 3rd Level Degree preferably is desirable;
• A formal qualification in risk management and/ or data science would be advantageous;
• At least 5/6 years' experience in a risk environment within financial services;
• Project Management experience would be advantageous, though not essential.