ICG Placement Software Engineer Intern, Dublin (Europe, Middle East and Africa)
Citi's technology team is growing at lightning speed, and we're looking for talented technologists to help build the future of global banking. Our teams are creating innovations used across the globe - we're changing the way people bank and how the world does business. Citi's technology team supports business operations in 100+ countries, across multiple lines of business spanning both Institutional and retail businesses. The group works to optimize the IT environment by standardizing production platforms, reducing complexity, and introducing innovative solutions that provide new business capabilities, reduce total cost of ownership, and create a competitive advantage for Citi. Join an environment with a laser focus on growth and progress, and take your career to the next level through the power of Citi's unmatched globality and vast expertise. Success Profile
As the world's most global bank, Citi gives you the tools to be a trailblazer. We're not just building technology, we're building the future of banking. With thousands of employees located around the globe, we are an international team encompassing a broad range of teams, roles, and cultures, and we invite you to come and join us! Creative Analytical Collaborative Productive Adaptable Relationship Expertise Glassdoor Reviews
"Excellent technologists. Great vision of bringing the financial services industry into the 2020. Great place to work for work-life balance." Senior Applications Development Manager, New York, NY
"Great Intern experience, great pay and solid opportunity to end up being a full time after the end of the internship program." Summer Technology Analyst
"I had a great learning experience, good work environment and excellent coworkers. Had the opportunity to escalate my way to the highest position available in my area within 3 years" AVP Operations & Technology, San Juan PR
"Globally diverse and technologically progressive" Director of Software Development, Warren NJ Responsibilities You're the brains behind our work.
Citi's Institutional Clients Group (ICG) is looking for aspiring Software Engineer's to join its Technology teams in Dublin. Our ICG Technologists support and enable the success of our global businesses- and by utilising a broad range of technologies, our teams are at the forefront of innovation. We seek to drive our systems and processes toward scalable, low-latency, high-frequency enterprise systems to support Citi on a global scale.
Our Citi Dublin Technology teams build, own and support many front-end, middle-tier and back-office applications that are used on Citi trading floors around the world. Numerous applications handle millions of transactions per day and have billions of dollars in trade-flow. Many teams operate on a "follow-the-sun" model and are required to have their applications running 24/7. Your time here will look something like this...
As a Software Engineer, you will work in an agile software development environment, developing quality and scalable software solutions using a mix of popular and innovative technologies. Based on business requirements, you will develop code consistent with quality standards, and offer support during testing cycles and post-production deployment. To ensure defect-free programming, you will use the appropriate tools to test and debug code, and participate in the review of peer coding.
You will have the opportunity to focus on a variety of technologies, like the following:
* Learn about best Engineering Excellence practices, Minimum Development Standards and Minimum Operational standards set and followed at CITI.
* Opportunity to work on a small project/Proof of Concept using Core Java/C#/.Net with a SQL/No-SQL DB as backend(Oracle/MongoDB/Neo4J/Redis/HDFS/Cassandra) and React JS/Angular based front end.
* Get basic understanding of latest design and software architecture patterns and frameworks - Microservices, APIs, Spring Core/MVC/Boot/Cloud, REST and so on.
* Get basic understanding of event streaming/messaging systems using KAFKA or similar technology.
* Understand CI/CD with exposure to various software development tools like : JIRA, Zephry, BitBucket, TeamCity, uDeploy, Artifactory, Openshift(ECS/Docker)
* Exposure to Containers using Docker/Kubernetes We provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to succeed.
We're committed to teaching you the ropes. As a student in your penultimate year, we are looking to provide you with a comprehensive internship placement ranging from 3-11 Months beginning in 2022. We will provide you with exposure to the fundamentals of a Software Engineering role in a global investment bank, as well as the nuances of Citi's culture through on the job learning and short courses. Our Software Engineer Interns often return to Citi after graduating from University to become full-time Graduate Software Engineers and continue their exciting and everchanging technology career. We want to hear from you if...
* You must be in your penultimate year of University and have a work experience element as part of your degree
* On track for a minimum of 2:1 upon graduation
* Most interns come from a computer science or engineering background, but we are open to all STEM degrees if you have an interest in coding. Who we think will be a great fit...
A dedication to learning and a true passion for the business are vital. As industries all over the globe continue to restructure and grow, we are looking for professionals like you who want to make an impact on a global scale. We value diversity and so do you.
We'll also be looking for the following throughout the selection process:
* Exposure to code and ability to demonstrate some practical experience with it
* Adaptable and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
* Passionate about technology and its future in the industry
* Ability to work under tight time constraints
* Unquestioned commitment to integrity ethical decision-making
* Strong communicator, able to build relationships and rapport easily
* Strong planning, and organisational skills