IFDS-Transfer Agency- Oversight Team-Associate-2-Dublin
Who we are looking for
Working closely with Operations and Compliance, the role of the Oversight function is to maintain a robust oversight governance framework that supports the IFDSI global operating model, ensuring adherence to prescribed outsourcing regulations, monitoring performance against agreed SLA deliverables and promoting a partnership approach with our outsourcing service providers. The Oversight Associate will be involved in the oversight of activities IFDSI has delegated or outsourced to our outsourcing service providers. The successful candidate will conduct an independent assessment of our Outsourcing Service Providers presenting documented findings, observations and recommendations to Functional Managers. The role is based at IFDS offices, Bishop's Square, Dublin 2. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of International Financial Data Services (IFDS). IFDS is a world-leading provider of outsourcing and technology solutions to the financial services industry. With its global headquarters in Toronto, IFDS services over 240 financial organizations around the world, providing solutions to a wide range of global asset managers, wealth managers, banks, and insurance companies. IFDS is present in North America, EMEA and APAC. Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for As Transfer Agency-Oversight Team-Associate-2- you will DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implement and adhere to the IFDS Ireland Oversight Model for all operational activities outsourced by IFDS Ireland to outsourcing service providers
- Contribute to the outsourcing process monitoring programme independently sampling activities completed by outsourcing partners
- Build strong working relationships with management and staff across all functions to achieve oversight objectives
- Ensure that all IFDSI outsourcing arrangements are subject to a formal SLA and periodically monitor performance against the SLAs and KPIs
- Ensure changes in operational activities are reflected in delegated services and SLAs
- Adhere to TA key controls at all times
- Attend and contribute to operational, risk and audit meetings as required, and actively contribute to TA-wide initiatives and focus groups
- Provide scheduled and ad-hoc oversight reporting to Management.
- Periodically review MIS reporting provided by the outsourcing service providers
- Attend and participate in Oversight Governance Calls as required i.e. schedule video conference, meeting minutes, actions etc.
Ideally, the candidate will have approximately two years' experience across a range of functions within TA operations. Experience in completing oversight activities (sampling, performance monitoring, due diligence, audit etc.) is desirable, but not essential. Supporting points: A confident individual and self-starter, able to work independently in a specialist role and as part of a team Ability to liaise, influence and work with the wider management group Enthusiastic with a positive can do attitude What we value EXPERIENCE and KNOWLEDGE Essential
- Two years' experience in TA operations
- Procedural, technical and product knowledge of the TA business
- Broad knowledge of legislation and regulations affecting the TA business, including anti-money laundering, UCITs IV and Regulatory Reporting requirements
- Experience in reviewing processes, assessing risk and defining controls
- Broad understanding of the wider funds industry, e.g. fund accounting, custody etc.
- Excellent organisational planning and co-ordination skills
- Good practical knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, particularly formal report writing
- Attention to detail
- Analytical mind-set
- Ability to work proactively under own initiative and as part of a team
- Influencing ability
Education & Preferred Qualifications QUALIFICATIONS Essential
- Enthusiastic with a positive can do attitude
- Self-starter, ability to work on own initiative
About State Street What we do.
- Degree in a relevant discipline or
- In the absence of a third level degree, candidates will be considered provided they can clearly demonstrate a strong suitability for the role based on experience and the other requirements set out in the job / candidate description
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers