IFDS Onboarding Data Management Business Analyst - Officer
Who we are looking for
The Data Management Analyst for New Client On-boarding will be required to demonstrate knowledge of the Funds Industry and Transfer Agency and take a lead role in the management Data Conversions.
The incumbent will be responsible for new client launches and conversions, supporting the designing and implementing of the data migration, set up and reconciliation
The Data Migration Business Analyst is responsible for liaising with client, previous administrator, project and business teams in order to elicit, analyse, communicate and validate requirements for the data migration work stream of a Transfer Agency conversion project.
The Data Migration BA will document the data migration strategy and data migration and mapping requirements. They will also document, plan and execute how the data will be reconciled. The Data migration BA will document, plan and execute in coordination with the testing team how the data conversion will be validated and tested and will document issues and coordinate solution and monitor their closure.
(Please note where Data Migration is used this also refers to image conversions as part of a Transfer Agency conversion project.)
The incumbent will work closely and provide support to Sales and Development, Operational Readiness, Operations and various other key stakeholders. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of International Financial Data Services (IFDS). IFDS is a world-leading provider of outsourcing and technology solutions to the financial services industry. With its global headquarters in Toronto, IFDS services over 240 financial organizations around the world, providing solutions to a wide range of global asset managers, wealth managers, banks, and insurance companies. IFDS is present in North America, EMEA and APAC.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
- Interact directly with Clients and their technology shop and/or vendors
- Provide estimate for the workstream's "Statement of Work"
- Analysis of Data Migration requirements and strategy
- Work with project leads to understand and document the requirement and strategy for Data Migration
- Lead the data mapping from prior system/s to the new system/s
- Analyze and document business processes and rules for on-load of data
- Obtaining appropriate sign-off for requirements and business rules related to data migration
- Identifying options for potential solutions and assessing them for both technical and business suitability
- Analyse and interpret initial dataset for quality and data integrity
- Act as lead for the data migration team in order to accurately and efficiently migrate the incoming data
- Reporting of progress to Project Manager
- Escalation of risks and issues to Project Manager
- Develop requirement specifications according to standard templates using natural language and/or diagrams
- Ability to clearly define requirements in significant details leaving no room for misinterpretation.
- Oversight/Create of Data Migration test cases and test strategy
- Participation in Data Migration testing
- Assistance with User Acceptance Testing as required from a Data Migration standpoint
- Ad-hoc Problem Solving
- Participating in dress rehearsal for data migration activities and coordinating the data migration elements of these.
- Conduct post project reviews as needed
What we value Essential
- All employees are accountable for the delivery of a Quality service, driving for excellence in all their work activities:
- To be quality driven, aiming for 100% accuracy and timeliness of delivery;
- To effectively plan the way services are delivered so that all activity is directly related to providing quality services and meeting the expectations of the client (internal and external);
- To continuously review processes and practices relating to the role and act as a catalyst for change and improvement in individual and team performance;
- To observe proper standards of market, business and personal conduct, demonstrating integrity in the execution of duties;
- To communicate and promote the values which reinforce and support a consistent quality culture.
- To adhere to company values of Professional, Accountable, Client Focused, Excellence and Leadership in all tasks and interactions
- Strong business analysis experience in financial services or relevant field
- Specific experience in data conversion between financial services systems
- Knowledge of at least one of the following programming languages: SQL, C#, Python
- Strong MS Office skills particularly using Excel, Word, Visio and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Data Profiling techniques and Data Quality management
- Strong experience of coordinating and driving delivery from technical teams against tight time-frames, ideally in a multi-vendor environment.
- Ability to clearly define and document requirements in significant details leaving no room for misinterpretation.
- Good organisational skills and Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work to deadlines and strong problem-solving skills.
- Good understanding of Data Migration, ETL, Testing and Reconciliations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong Presentation and Facilitating skills
- Ability to conceptualise business needs into realistic solutions for data mapping
- Ability to create logical and innovative solutions to complex problems
- Ability to engage successfully in multiple initiatives simultaneously
- End to end experience of project lifecycle
- Ability to bridge divides between business requirements and system design
- Flexible to the needs of the business
- Enthusiastic and proactive approach with meticulous attention to detail
- Positive impact - performs in a manner that makes a strong positive impression on others; e.g., high energy level, a problem-solving approach, approachable; and the ability to act with a sense of urgency when required.
About State Street What we do.
- Undergraduate degree.
- IT qualification
- Experience with analysis and project life cycle methodologies as well as an understanding of the implementation project life cycle is preferred.
- Experience working in an Agile Project team and exposure to tools like JIRA, Confluence, Rally etc.,
- Experience working as BA in BDD and TDD projects
- Knowledge of compliance, anti-money laundering and regulatory environment.
- Proactive in acquiring information to develop new skills to improve job performance; grasps new material quickly and easily, and applies new information, concepts and procedures in a constructive manner.
- Understanding of investment concepts and the ability to communicate a working knowledge of investment strategies and products
- Knowledge of the mutual fund processing and quality control; call centres and the administrative back-office.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers