Reporting to the Program Manager, the Senior Project Manager (PM) is responsible for end-to-end delivery of projects for the Transfer Agency Department, with a focus on digital technologies.
IFDS supports the world's largest financial institutions with our full range of record keeping and Transfer Agency solutions. This is an opportunity to work on industry-leading client solutions and play your part in ever-evolving solutions and technologies.
The Change Management team have a strong team support ethos with a wealth of knowledge within the existing team. This is an exciting team to join with constant opportunities to learn, develop, progress and work with the best in the business.
This is a fast-paced and diverse middle management role, servicing multiple entities across the globe. Different regulations and systems would need to be factored into any project planning.
You will be responsible for delivering end-to-end, high profile, technology-based projects within an ever-changing IT landscape, capturing Information Security requirements, Data Protection requirements and Outsourcing requirements. Such projects may require presenting to external clients and/or Risk/Compliance committees and collaborating closely with senior executives in both a sponsor and stakeholder capacity.
You will deal with sponsors from different locations who may have different wants/needs/perspectives and will ultimately need to bring all parties together to agree the final scope and approach in a constructive, structured and collaborative manner. JOB DUTIES
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED -
- Structure a program with component workstreams and factor into project planning. Consider Change Team availability, vendor readiness and operational support readiness.
- Develop the Business Case in conjunction with the Project sponsor. Responsible for tracking benefits realization and agreeing hand off with sponsor.
- Define project scope based on sponsor and stakeholder requirements.
- Define timeline for project deliverables.
- Adhere to governance standards as set out by the Project Management Office. Flag any anomalies to portfolio lead. Ensure your team members adhere to same.
- Production of RACI matrix - documenting the roles and responsibilities of each area involved in your project and getting the buy in and onward support from those parties.
- Proactive identification, management and mitigation of project risks and issues.
- Status reporting to stakeholders, sponsors (including executives); ability to summarize what they need to know. Preparation and presentation of Steering packs.
- You will need to guide your workstream leads on constructing and presenting project summaries, anticipating difficult questions and being prepared with answers. You need to line up the right SMEs to support meetings.
- Bring projects through full due diligence process with key functions of the business such as Risk, Compliance, Data Protection Office etc.
- Coordinate testing and implementation planning including runbook preparation.
- Prepare Model Office/Dress Rehearsal documentation, secure sign offs and run these events.
- Ensure any training documentation is prepared in advance.
- Ensure that any lessons learned are documented, agreed with sponsors and cascaded within broader Change Management for learning and development.
- Input, attend/present at any client forums particularly for digital products roll-out where demonstrations may need to be provided.
- Support the workstream leads with any escalations.
- 5 to 10 years of management/supervisory/project management experience in financial services, ideally within Transfer Agency function or with an IT background.
- University degree in accounting, banking, finance, business administration, or equivalent professional qualification e.g. PMP, Prince2.
- Experience of managing globally dispersed project teams and working groups would be an advantage.
- Presentation and Facilitating skills with a proven ability to negotiate, problem-solve and influence decisions, including at Executive level.
- Advanced computer skills (MS Office: Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook, Project).
- Ability to engage successfully in multiple initiatives simultaneously and open to change as projects are de/re-prioritized.
- Experience at running program meetings.
- Experience of tracking and reporting budgets.