As a Barclays IT Application Support within the Equities technology department you will be supporting Front Office Trading teams with IT application support. You will provide rapid response to user technical and functional issues across a wide range of trading applications and multiple business lines. You will be based in Dublin and form part of a virtual team, supporting Traders across Barclays Europe locations.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
What will you be doing?
- Providing end to end support service for front office users, ensuring high availability support for the trading desk
- Engaging with application owners to provide effective issue and problem management and rapid resolution
- Managing business critical real-time trading systems, identifying issues and potential problem areas
- Tracking outstanding issues and work with the appropriate group to achieve resolution of them
- Engaging with service owners and development teams to review planned changes that may impact application functionality or availability to Front Office users
- Ensuring that trading systems are maintained to meet control standards including data protection and security, delivery of trading information for regulatory reporting
- You will be accountable on issues, responding to traders, client service groups or Operations teams for any issues or queries around functionality, usage and service quality
- Collaborating strongly and negotiating with vendor support teams and other third party groups within the organization
- Must be prepared to work shifts between 7am- 6pm, Monday to Friday
What we’re looking for:
- Previous experience providing front office support to time critical applications is preferred
- Knowledge of operating system platforms (UNIX, Linux) and database and SQL skills (Oracle, SQL Server) and Scripting Experience (eg. Python, perl, shell, bash.)
- Strong experience of client and exchange connectivity platforms with exposure to exchange APIs and market driven protocols
- Exposure to network connectivity investigation and diagnostics and low latency, High Frequency Trading platforms of benefits
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Financial knowledge of asset classes such as Equities, Rates, FX, Commodities or Credit would be considered
- Degree in an IT or Mathematics related discipline is desirable
Where will you be working?
You will be based in our new flagship office, One Molesworth Street, which is in the heart of Dublin city centre. We are currently expanding which drives a culture of change and hard work ethic, nonetheless the company maintains an open, friendly atmosphere. This is enhanced through our unique onboarding programs and a number of committees which all employees are eligible to join.