The Vendor Manager oversees relationships and performance of non IT and IT vendors for IFDS Europe. This role supports and maintains contractual, commercial and operational working relationships with vendors to ensure that contractual commitments are delivered and that all governance obligations are fulfilled. Responsibilities:
- Maintain an appropriate IT Vendor management oversight and governance model - including ownership of relevant policies, procedures, templates, reporting, recommending and incorporating improvements where necessary
- Governance lead for all IT Vendors - both external and intra-group. Own and drive annual review of all IT vendor service contracts, SLAs and associated due diligence activity
- Maintain clear metrics across all key performance indicators (KPIs) to ensure strong performance management of the IT Vendors. Develop, implement and maintain a continuous Service Improvement Plan for key IT vendors where required
- Assist or direct Change team or Operations managers and Procurement with vendor evaluation and selection criteria, procedures, and best-practice tools and templates
- Provide oversight, guidance and support to procurement staff during negotiations with IT vendors to optimize the procurement of cost-effective acquisitions
- Continually evaluate, recommend and deliver improvements for IT vendor spending by category, cost centre, region and vendor, and cost-effectiveness.
- Invoice and Budget management - support periodic invoice and billing cycles including approvals review invoicing from vendors, facilitate client re-billing.
- Provide appropriate support/training/oversight to internal staff that manage individual IT Vendor accounts
- Plan and/or lead service review meetings between the IT vendors and senior level stakeholders
- Maintain an IT vendor and IT Outsourcing repository to ensure effective contract management and vendor relationships
- Support new vendor approvals and onboardings through internal governance processes
- Excellent administrative, organisational and business support skills, with the ability to multi-task and to work calmly under pressure.
- Degree level qualification in Technology/Business or other relevant subject
- Minimum 7-8 years of experience working in Financial Services preferably in a service level management role.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Possess excellent organisational, planning and co-ordination skills.
- Ability to work accurately to tight deadlines with good prioritisation and time management skills
- Proactive and able to work independently and as part of a team
- Accurate, Precise and Organised with Strong problem solving skills.
- Team Oriented, Enthusiastic
- A proactive approach to problem solving, taking ownership of issues and having determination to follow things through.
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE / PROCESS IMPROVEMENT
- Ensure that specialist knowledge relating to the team is kept current and disseminated as appropriate and be aware of possible future developments and trends
- Proactively identify and act on opportunities to improve current processes to meet the changing requirements of our clients, to improve efficiency, or to reduce risk
- Attend and contribute to operational, client, risk, audit and regulatory meetings as required
- Communicate relevant information as appropriate up and down the line and escalate where necessary