Impairment Analyst – Banking Customer Credit
- Dublin, Leinster, Ireland
- Permanent, Full time
- Paragon Executive
- 22 Feb 18 2018-02-22
A bank based in Dublin is expanding its Customer Credit Function and the Impairment team now require a highly motivated Senior Analyst with a background in data analysis and reporting and a third level honours degree in a numerate discipline to join an expanding team
- Assist in ensuring that Impairment forecasts and stress tests are timely, accurate and reflect current actual trends overlaid with robust external macro-economic data and internal initiatives
- Assist in delivering the Bank’s month end impairment calculations in line with BAU SLA’s from Finance with accuracy and appropriate levels of checks and governance
- Support in ensuring that the provisioning models are IFRS compliant and in line with CBI guidelines
- Assist in maintaining, delivering and enhancing the Bank’s loss provisioning methodology
- Carry out ad hoc requests including fulfilling regulatory informational queries
- Analyse and produce high quality value-added management information for the Group’s credit portfolios covering required regulatory and operational requirements, key performance indicators, risks and trends
- Build data sets which are robust and efficient for use across Customer Credit, helping to maximise speed of developments through efficient coding
- Actively follows a problem-solving process to break complex problems into manageable pieces. Consistently identifies correct course when escalation needed
- Experience in a data analysis and/or reporting function.
- The role requires rigorous analysis of data and the use of advanced methodologies and candidates should possess, at a minimum, a third level honours degree in a numerate discipline, such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, discipline.
- Highly proficient in data analysis, cleansing and mining techniques, with exposure to SQL, Visual Basic and/or SAS. Knowledge and experience of statistics, econometrics & loss modelling.
- Exposure to regulatory and financial reporting methodologies i.e. Basel /IFRS etc.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work to a plan; while understanding the need for flexibility in a problem solving / task orientated working environment is essential.
- Proven ability to prioritise workloads and will show determination and flexibility to deliver to very challenging deadlines
- An understanding of the financial services industry is desirable with any relevant experience being advantageous.
- Highly PC literate with a good working knowledge of Microsoft applications, SAS or SQL. VB while not essential would be advantageous.
This is an ideal opportunity for an Impairment Analyst currently in a similar position or looking to move from a reporting function.
For a private and confidential conversation and for a full job description
please contact Ciaran on 01-8746770.
Or email email@example.com