Our aim is to support our clients incorporating changes and innovations in valuation, risk and compliance. We share the ambition to contribute to a sustainable and resilient financial system and facing these extraordinary challenges is what drives us every day. Our people are empowered to design and implement efficient and pragmatic solutions. Acting as one team with our partners and clients, we bring a distinctive mix of financial and technological know-how. This unique blend of expertise, team spirit and fairness has contributed to more than 30 years of successful projects and trustful relationships.
At Finalyse, we believe that each member is unique and that diversity enriches us in many ways. We strive for an inclusive working environment that pursues mutual respect for each other’s beliefs and backgrounds.
As Consultant in the risk advisory team, you will be advising and providing assistance to our insurance clients on matters such as Solvency II, Asset & Liability Management, IFRS9 & IFRS17, Risk measurement, Hedging strategy, Data Quality management and Regulatory requirements.
In close collaboration with our clients and partners, and surrounded by a team of seasoned experts in the field of risk management, you will develop tailor-made solutions through challenging business cases, sharpening your technical skills and your inner entrepreneurship.
Your accountabilities may include various stages in the project cycle, among others:
- Acting as subject matter expert, business or functional analyst in different risk insurance domains (SII, ALM, ORSA,...).
- Analyzing and interpreting complex risk regulations.
- Playing the role of interface between the business parties and the technical team and translate business requirements into detailed business specifications for IT.
- Enhancing or update risk management policies & procedures.
- Participating to the implementation of various risk models, tools or solutions.
- Developing & automating the production of risk & regulatory reportings (e.g. QRT).
- Proactively suggesting tailor-made solutions, taking into account the client’s environment and his capacity to comply with the different regulations.
- Defining and re-engineering of risk management processes
In addition to this role, you may be expected to:
- Build and maintain close relationships with our clients.
- Participate in business development initiatives or internal projects.
- Raise and market the Finalyse image in the financial industry through publications in our Regbrief, participate in external conferences or networking events.
MUST HAVE REQUIREMENTS
- Master Degree in Business, Economics, Engineering, Mathematics/Physics, Computer Science or equivalent through experience.
- Willingness to increase your knowledge of insurance sector through a dedicated learning path.
- At least 3 years of work experience in the insurance sector, or in the financial industry.
- Affinity with programming languages like R, Python, SAS, MatLab, R/S-PLUS etc., and willingness to develop your skills in this area.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills in English.
- Joy of working in a team and quick learning abilities.
- Readiness to travel throughout Europe.
NICE TO HAVE REQUIREMENTS
- A degree in Actuarial Science/Statistics would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of actuarial tools such as Prophet or Remetrica is a plus.
- The opportunity to join a diverse, multinational, dynamic team of talented and passionate individuals with a broad range of analytical and technical skills.
- An excellent working environment with a space for defining your own specialization and career within our flat and flexible structure.
- The opportunity to take initiatives and responsibilities quickly in a fast growing company.
- Extensive training programmes adapted to your personal needs, both on technical matters as well as on softs skills.
- Coaching and mentoring by more experienced colleagues.
- Flexible working arrangements - remote/hybrid work mode and 9/10 or 4/5 possible time schedules.
- Attractive remuneration package and extralegal benefits (health insurance, pension benefits, mobility package, etc.)
- Travel opportunities inside European countries.