One of the world’s largest asset owners is looking for a BIG 4 qualified accountant from a strong technical accounting and controls background to join their accounting team which aims to provide increased level of assurance to the finance, investment and operations functions across the business. You will be bringing your career to the next level by working alongside some of the world’s leading investment and finance professionals in this highly regarded blue chip organisation.
Overseas ex-pat assignment
There is also the lucrative ex-pat tax free salary & extensive benefits package, a healthy work life balance and the very enjoyable five star lifestyle while enjoying a new life experience in a new country!
- Participate in development and roll out of internal control framework
- Identification, documentation and testing of internal controls supporting the financial reporting process and reporting the findings and conclusions to Management
- Lead the team member in discussions with process and control owners regularly to identify and document control changes/improvements implemented from prior periods
- Assess and evaluate the adequacy of internal controls, identify control gaps and propose appropriate solutions to close the gaps.
- Create and maintain appropriate supporting documentation including identification and evaluation of relevant risks and controls within the financial reporting process.
- Provide support and guidance to team members
- Review team members’ work
- Prepare accurate executive reports with appropriate conclusions for presentation to Management and the Audit Committee.
- Identify process efficiency, control improvements and risk mitigation opportunities.
- Third Level Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or related field.
- Accounting professional qualifications (e.g., CA, CPA, ACA).
- Big four accounting firm audit experience
- Minimum 2 years PQE specialising in financial services (asset management, sovereign wealth funds or investment banking sector)
- Industry experience is an advantage.
- Good knowledge of processes related to financial accounting, reporting and controls including experience with financial statements preparation under IFRS.
- Strong knowledge of financial instruments including equities, fixed income securities, derivatives and fund investments.
- Strong experience in audit of controls in the financial services industry e.g. from SOX audits and/or from external audit engagements, including process documentation
- Knowledge of appropriate internal controls frameworks
- Strong communication skills which will include demonstrated stakeholder management skills and the ability to guide and influence peers and internal stakeholders.
- Must be 100% fluent in English, both verbal and written.
If you are an ambitious qualified accountant looking for an exciting new challenge please apply with your updated CV for further discussion about this opportunity.